Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Apologies for my long periods of absence and poor attendance over the past few months, I've been reasonably busy with travelling, workshops and client visits.

I'll be at Siggraph in early August (New Orleans) and I'm throwing every available inch of development at this deadline. It's clear now that I won't be able to solve all reported bugs before then, but I would nevertheless like to release a new version in the upcoming week.

So I'd like to ask for a list of the most pertinent bugs/lacking features which need to be solved asap.

Goodwill,
David

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Robert McNeel & Associates

Views: 2058

Replies to This Discussion

Vittorio,

one more question. When restoring slider states, is it just the value, or also the limits/slider type that needs to be restored?
David,
Thinking about how this could work...perhaps something like the revision history in the Definition Properties? I am assuming each component has a unique ID? How would this work if sliders are added or subtracted and then restored? For example, I have a def with 5 sliders...I save my states, then I work on the definition some more where I have 7 sliders...I suppose the restoring would be fine as long as its connected to a slider ID, the new sliders will not have a saved state...sorry just thinking aloud!
Awooga! Tech talk ahead!

Every object in the document is asked whether or not it supports states. In the case of sliders the answer is "yes". I've also added state logic to Boolean Toggles, Gradients, Graphs and colour swatches already.

All the objects which could potentially be recorded in a state are displayed on the screen and the user can include/exclude them individually.

Once the list of state objects is complete, a new dictionary is written with the object instance ID as the keys and the serialized state values (an xml-string) as the values.

When a state is restored, the document tries to find the object with the matching ID and -provided it still exists- it will ask that object to read the contents of the xml data and restore itself.
sweet!
neat! i guess when restoring slider states also the limits/types would need to be restored... anyway i thought it was more tricky! i m happy there's a way to do it! ah, by the way, the "sort alphabetically" option in the remote panel would be super useful in my opinion...
and probably it would be also cool to be able to exclude sliders from the remote panel, i mean, to be able to choose which sliders/toggles include in the panel, i don't know how, probably right-clicking on the slider there could be an "display in remote panel" option... anyway... just random ideas... probably not very relevant!
anyway, thanx david for making us feel part of the GH project! looking forward to try the new version!
One thing I'd like to see is a way to get data into a scripting component with its data tree intact. That way scripting components could better work with the tree structure of the incoming data. The only thing I'll add to this one is that some extra information when scripts have errors/fail would be very welcomed. I know GH isn't really meant to be a fully fledged IDE, but tracking down issues from some of the errors that get kicked back could be much easier with something as simple as a line number or something.

You can sign me up for the custom components as well...I'll see you down at SIGGRAPH :)

Best,
Damien
Damien,

right, I'll see what I can do about the Data structures.

See you in New Orleans!
I really hope I didn't miss this...zoom selected components?
Hi, i've been wondering with a faster way to add a new path faster to a list, item, sublist, etc... , what i usually do after substracting something form a list is add a flatten tree component after each thing i need in a new path and enter the path, it would be very cool to only add it in the right click display window in the component, don't know if there already is a way to do that faster...

thanks a lot
diego
Hi Diego,

I've added a path Search/Replace component which allows you to specify search masks and replacement paths. For example:

mask = "0;0;[0-9]"
path = {0;0;0}

will collect all paths in the tree that satisfy the mask and it will merge them all together into the {0;0;0} path.

You can supply any number of mask/path combos, they will all operate on the same tree.
That's awesome, thanks a lot David
hi david,

maybe this is on the list already or i am getting something wrong:
the stream filter component refuses to work with more than one index boolean.
is that the way it should work?
i tried to used it filtering multiple paths without any luck
runtime error:
"filter component can only operate on a single filter index value"

looking forward to the new release.
frank

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos