Say i have a cube and a sphere

And I want the cube to morph into a sphere

Thanks in advance

Best

m

Views: 4078

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mario, 

I would contact Antonio Turiello for Generator: http://antonioturiello.blogspot.com/2012/06/generator-concept.html

Mostapha

thanks....will test

cheers

Its pretty simple for surface type geometry even as shown in generator. I dont think going from a poly surface to a surface (box to sphere) is so easy. Keep in mind location of seams and orientation of objects matters.

Attachments:

Hey Thanks Michael!

Morphing usually involves blending between an equal amount of control points or vertices. You may be able to distort a cube to look like a sphere, but that will not be the same as a standart GH/Rhino single surface sphere.

Thanks Hannes

Actually i need to morph a box to a geosphere

will work on it...

cheers

m

can you show any particular example of polysurface morphing ? do you know any software capable of it ? can you show any paper about it ? It may be done with starling, but the output will be really low-quality - its not worth even to try it. 

Hi Mateusz:

Well this can be done with 3ds max, and the morpher modifier

You would have to create a geosphere, then copy it on one side, the mannualy move the vertices in order to get the box geometry (this takeas a while)

Then use the morpher modifier

It's been a while since i stopped using 3ds max, i wanted to achieve this with gh, but i guess i'll have to go back to autodesk again.

a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIq-MYLZ0M

paper

ojs.academypublisher.com/index.php/jmm/article/download/02061525/1215 

thanks for your reply

should be difficult. cubes are quad base. geospheres are based on hexagons...

well it's fairly slow and rough, but it should do the trick.  uses lunchbox for the geosphere and wb for mesh join and weld.

Attachments:

Hey David, thanks so much

this is just what i needed!

no problem...it was a fun puzzle.  I think this should work with most pairs of faceted geometries, so long as the carved up elements are quads or triangles.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service