this is a reasonably important update for those of you who have been using Grasshopper 0.7.X. It fixes many serious bugs, including a number of crash bugs.
However, if you're still using 0.6.X there is no immediate reason to update. The Grasshopper 0.7 series is still lacking a number of features that have been available previous and shouldn't be used for commercial/important work.
Incomplete list of fixes:
- Sweep1, Sweep2 and Pipe have been re-instated.
- A number of data conversion bugs have been fixed.
- A number of VB and C# Legacy script output data casts have been fixed
- Font mapping has been rewritten, this will hopefully make Grasshopper more robust in the case of missing standard fonts.
- A tolerance bug with BiArcs has been fixed (though the immediate fix will only be available if you run GH on Rhino4, if you're using Rhino5 you'll have to wait for the next V5 Beta before the fix will be available)
- Twisted Box picking has been fixed
- Solid Boolean operations have been sped up and made more robust.
- Catenary solver made more robust for very narrow catenaries.
Incomplete list of new features:
- A bunch of new Plane creation components (courtesy of Stephen Griffin)
- Offset Curve Loose
- Offset Surface Loose
- Nurbs Surface Control-point
- List Insert component
- Scriptable command version of -_Grasshopper
- Grasshopper can now be access from within RhinoScript using a PluginInterfaceObject. See the Grasshopper SDK Helpfile for details (Grasshopper.Plugin.GH_RhinoScriptInterface class)