Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

possible to have BOTH gh 6.059 and gh v7 installed?

I havent tried gh v7 yet because im a little nervous using a WIP version with files I will need in the future but I would also love to check it out. Maybe this is a dumb question... but is it possible to have both versions installed and somehow select which one to use when i want? Or will downloading v 7 override v6?
thanks!

Views: 275

Replies to This Discussion

I think what a number of people are doing is having one installed with V4 and another with V5. Running both on the same version is not really possible without jumping through a ton of unnecessary hoops.
I run both in version 4.0. You have to make a decision as to which you want to run by default.

the way I achieved it:
1) Install GH v0.6.00059. (Or before installing version 0.7)
2) Move the Grasshopper folder to another File location.
3) install GH v0.7.00030.

When ever you run the command Grasshopper v0.7 will open automatically.
If you want to run v0.6 and haven't called the command Grasshopper yet then you can go to Tools>Options>Plug-ins>Install and select the dll of GH v0.6 in its separate location. (this will not work if v0.7 has already been activated in this session of Rhino.)

Because Rhino remembers the last Plug-in install folder it will usually still be there the next time you want to run v0.6.

This means that You can open Rhino run Grasshopper and have v0.7 active then open another instance of Rhino and manually install v0.6 and have 0.6 running at the same time (different session) in the same version.

I hope this is clear.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service