Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Grasshopper 0.6.0055 is available for download:

EXE Installer

ZIP Installer

This is BETA software. Use at your own risk!

This release fixes a number of reasonably serious bugs:
- VB and C# components would have problems loading referenced assemblies from unexpected folders. This is (at least somewhat) fixed.
- Enabling objects would fail to properly enable input parameters for components, this is fixed.
- Probably some other ones too, my bookkeeping skills leave something to be desired.

It also offers some new functionality:
- A new Group object has been added. Groups allow you to visually link several components. Group colour cannot yet be changed, but by double clicking the group, the outline mode can be toggled.

- A new Markov widget has been added. This widget uses Markov chains to 'guess' which component you want to use next based on your behaviour in the past. It takes a while for it to get accustomed to you as a special and unique and lovable individual, so don't expect miracles right away.

- A new Profiler widget has been added (off by default). The profiler lists worst-case runtimes for parameters and components, allowing you to track down bottlenecks in networks and to compare different components in terms of performance.

- All widgets now have proper tooltips.

- Mouse picking has been improved. Different actions are now handled better and especially making new wires should be somewhat easier.

- Toolbars now draw separators between different groups of objects. Separators can be disabled via the View menu.

- Fuzzy searching has been improved.

- Scribbles now allow font sizes up to 100pt.

- All Complex Number components have been moved into their own Tab.

- Tabs are now scrollable when the width of all tabs exceeds the width of the window.

And of course a couple of new components (to be honest, I have no idea which ones are new since the last release):

- Repeat Data
- Random Reduce
- Domain Inclusion
- String Concatenation
- Sinc (Sinus Cardinalis) trigonometry function
- Spherical Cloud
- Sort Points
- Vector Rotate and Vector Mass Addition (are these really new? ... I forgot)
- Curve Dash pattern
- Nurbs Curve Control Points
- Metaball with custom charge overrides
- Curve self-intersections

Enjoy, and have a happy 2010!

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 2835

Replies to This Discussion

Sweet!

Happy New Year to you too!
Solid Gold...Best wishes for 2010!

very nice on the grouping...is this a preview for clusters? I like the outline metaball mode...very nice. My Markov has not woken up yet, but I'll let it rest till 2010.
Wait... my groups aren't metaballtastic...

Oh wait... reading is fundamental!

My resolution: No stupid questions in 2010!

Thanks! I think I'll blow off the New Years Eve party and play with the Gold Edition instead.
thanks david. looks great.
i was following the latest discussions only in "holiday mode". i am amazed by the speed of implementing new ideas!

happy 2010!
Grouping bubbles are fun just to move around the screen while your eyes glaze over!

I had several errors on Mouse Down, and it said to send you the log, but I couldn't find the log. Any hints to where that is?

Also, the profiling widget was on by default. Just FYI. Pretty cool feature.
Ah yes, now I remember, I meant to track down those mouse errors prior to releasing. Oh well, we'll have to wait till 2010 I suppose. The log has been discontinued, I still need to change the messages that refer to it though.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Wow ... this is an amazing present.
Happy new year David! and thx x all!
hi david

happy new year and thanks for your efforts in 2009... great

want to report error on convex hull

hi dear
after install,why i can't see these "extract" "intersect" "weaverbird" toolbar in mesh toolbar?
can you explain?
thank you!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service