Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello All,

there was a serious bug with Baking in the last release and this release will (hopefully) fix that. It's a bit early but I didn't want to wait any longer because of this.

Grasshopper 0.8.0012 can be downloaded from the usual location.

If you haven't installed 0.8.0011, please read that page first as it contains some potentially important information.

Changes since 0.8.0011:

• All component icons have been reviewed and adjusted in case of stylistic discrepancies.
  • Added an Edge Average output to the polygon center point component (better average).
  • Added Data Recorder object (Params.Special dropdown).
  • Added Area Moments component (Surface.Analysis panel).
  • Added Volume Moments component (Surface.Analysis panel).
  • Added Curve Torsion component (Curve.Analysis dropdown).
  • Added Curve Derivatives component (Curve.Analysis dropdown).
  • Bake Window Display Mode selector now shows all available modes.
  • Fixed a bug in the Bake Window Display Mode selection.

The Data Recorder object serves to maintain data from previous runs. This is very new and little tested code, please save before using it. The Recorder won't be able to maintain its data between sessions though, so if you open a ghx file with a Recorder in it it will be empty again.

Enjoy,

David

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 1290

Replies to This Discussion

Coolness!  

I need to catch up with all the fun new toys.

I feel so obsolete...

Thanks.

Love the Data Recorder!

Thanks David

Hi David

Thank you for the update.  FYI: the Catenary component is outputting a polyline.  

Hi Tuan,

you mean the result is a polyline instead of a nurbs-curve, or the result is a polyline consisting of only 2 segments?

If the former, this has always been the case, if the latter, I'd like to see a file that reproduces this.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Thank you David!
I noticed the value list component doesn't show what option is picked, on the component itself I mean (it is still ticked in the context menu).
(I can live these minor flaws, merely informing you about this. If we know what they are we can make workarounds :) )

Ugh! New release coming soon...

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

n.m. the CrvGraph input C askes for a location of text tag, but works correctly.

Hi David,

I was trying to find the area and volume moments but without success. Here is a screenshot of my surface analysis panel. Am I kind of blind overseeing something?

Same for the curve torsion and derivatives. They are just not there. The data recorder is present, so I think I am searching in the right GH version...

DataRecorder is part of Grasshopper.dll, the new components are part of Curve.gha and Surface.gha respectively. This is definitely the old layout, so somehow your new Grasshopper (does the banner say 0.8.0012?) is loading old GHA files.

I don't know how this is possible, In the extreme case try uninstalling, then remove all *.gha files from your computer and re-install. If you have third party GHA's loaded you can leave those.

The following GHA's are all part of the Grasshopper install:

• Curve.gha
  • GalapagosComponents.gha
  • LegacyScript.gha
  • Mathematics.gha
  • Script.gha
  • Surface.gha
  • Transform.gha
  • Triangulation.gha
  • Vector.gha

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

ps. this is what it should look like as of 0.8.0012:

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

This is a weird one.

All of the standard GH components are being installed into the Rhino 4.0 components folder, not into the libraries folder that opens within GH (C:\documents and settings\user....). I did not check it so my last components were dated back to February 28. (I am kind of a few months behind). I copied them manually into the right folder.

I was even wondering a while ago why there is no sets panel, but since I did not used it, I forgot about it...

Thanks, now there is a few months to explore...

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service