Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

All Discussions Tagged 'offset' (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Offsetting curves on a surface

How to offset curves on a surface ? When i try offsetting them, the result is multiple broken curves. I was able to achieve something simil…

Started by DILIP MISTRY

9 Apr 4, 2020
Reply by ann staniford

Offset fail

I extracted a number of contours from a brep and am trying to offset those curves .25".  When I set the offset distance to .25" a couple cu…

Started by Jack D

7 Mar 10, 2019
Reply by Laurent DELRIEU

Offset direction?

Hi again, Im having a major problem with an offset not going in the right direction.   I imagine it has something to do with the direction…

Started by Chris

9 Mar 6, 2018
Reply by Carlos Espigares

We need to talk about Offset

As a collective can we find a way to overcome the pitfalls of the current inward offset of polylines?  It keeps coming up time and again a…

Started by Danny Boyes

19 Dec 9, 2017
Reply by Adam Kiss

3D Surfaces Glazing

Hi all, I want to create glasses on 3D surface but i couldnt. I need 10 mm(or variable) distance from line own axis.You can see what i want…

Started by Selim Tufan

3 Nov 18, 2017
Reply by Selim Tufan

Offset multiple curves inwards

Hello, I am struggling trying to offset a set of curves inwards. When I set the distance every of them perfom randomly and I do not know h…

Started by Alex Duro

7 Nov 9, 2017
Reply by Alex Duro

Curved + Filleted Stair - Offsetting portions of poly line by different distances

Hi all, I've designed a stair (first photo), loosely based on the stair in the photo below. I want to get a basic definition into Grasshopp…

Started by Seank

3 Nov 9, 2017
Reply by Joseph Oster

Offset a surface

Hello, I've always asked myself if it is possible so offset a 4 sided surface but keep 3 sides on the old position. Preferably it should st…

Started by Lorenz Weiss

0 Oct 17, 2017

Offset closed curves consistently

Hello everyone, I've been building user components with clusters, but I want to learn more on Python to make custom tools in my workflows.…

Started by Dongyeop Lee

5 Oct 5, 2017
Reply by Dongyeop Lee

Inconsistent surface offset direction

I thought that the "Offset" component used the surface normal as a positive direction for offset. It doesn't seem to be the case. If there…

Started by Olivier Suire

9 Aug 3, 2017
Reply by Olivier Suire

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service