Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I can not find it, where is it? Is t gone? 

Thanks

Views: 7980

Replies to This Discussion

Each wire now has 3 individual display options.

Right-click on an input and you'll see default, faint, and hidden.

Basically every component is now receiver capable.
hello Andres,

It's been replaced. if you right click the input parameter on any component you get a "Wire Display" tag in the dropdown menu. you can select 3 types of wire display. ;)
I still like my WI-FI :-)

Thanks a lot for you help!
i was shocked and appalled by this too :D
the thing is, with the wifi component, it's still better than this workaround with the wires. I mean, it's cool that we can control all wire displays now, but for ease of use, i'm still keeping these babies around as templates to multiply around the definitions.
It's way easier to drag some wifis as "shortcuts" throughout the definition, than to do Data components to which you take the time to rightclick, select the wire type, all that jazz. You drag a couple of them down, just at the entry point of a cluster or group, to reunite data from all over the definition, they're priceless. I mean, think of the wifis as a custom kind of "generic data" component, with the wire automatically set to "off". It's quite handy, why take that from us?
Please, David, please, put them back!
You can save a Generic Data parameter with overridden wire type as a User Object. Put it anywhere on the toolbars you want.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Seattle, WA
:) you're right, this way i'll be able to name it however i want, something cool like "wormhole" or "thingamabobster". Thanks!

By the way, sorry to be a knit-pick, i've noticed something strange with the clusters - sometimes it takes a while to update the definition around one - so one has to refresh it by redragging the wires to the cluster. Also, at points, GH doesn't let me replace the wires going into the cluster. And, since i'm on clusters now, is there a way to explode one directly on canvas, without going into the separate file thing and copy pasting back?
i liked them too. but can understand the redundancy with the new wire displayoptions
Can we just bring back the receiver component?

the receiver component is still there.

by entering searchkeyword "receiver" no results are given. however, hit the enter button and the receiver appears.

Even better, as David made it one 0.8003, get a DATA parameter, rename it to whatever you want, copy the data you want to this Parameter from any data type you want, make the cables - connections hidden, then move or drag it to wherever you want... I like it a lot. This is my WiFi :-)

Thanks for the updates.

I have to agree, this definitely works out better. Just takes a little time getting used to the switch.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service