Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi all,

this is the first release of the Grasshopper assembly wizard, to start new assembly development in C# and Vb.Net more simply.

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/9e389515-0719-47b4-a4...

Includes the sample code for an Archimedean spiral and:

• C# Add-on - Provides a C# project with a GH_Component-derived class and a GH_AssemblyInfo-derived class.
  • C# Component - Adds a single component class item.
  • Vb.Net Add-on - Provides a Vb.Net project with a GH_Component-derived class and a GH_AssemblyInfo-derived class.
  • Vb.Net Component - Adds a single component class item.

- Giulio

Views: 10970

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I love the wizard. Make the setup for new projects so much easier.

There are two issues though:

1) The new projects still ends up in the namespace of "MyProject1", regardless the name I provide.

2) I have to reference an assembly that depends Rhino_DotNET. While both are targeted at .NET 2.0, Rhino_DotNET references mscorlib, which VS resolves to .NET 4.0. Obviously this conflicts with a target for less than 4.0. This seems to be a too common problem. Still I could not find usable solution, am stuck with VS2008 and miss out on your wizard :S

Hi Hannes,

thanks for the kind words. About the questions,

1. This does not appear to be the case (maybe I am missing something obvious, though...). Are you sure you are assigning a name in the first box, where Visual Studio asks for "Project name"?
  2. Use the Rhino_DotNET.dll that is attached here. This is a dummy .dll to fulfill the changed needs of the 4.0 compiler. This came up in an older NG thread.

Thanks,

- Giulio

Attachments:

Missed out on the very first name... sorry :D

And thanks for the DLL

Hello Giulio,

Thanks so much for this and the Rhino Plug-in version as well.  It really, REALLY sped up production of a plug in I was working on.  I had not made an RHP in a long time, and it was a very welcome find.

Thanks!

Giulio à big thanks to you.
I'm verry happy to agree à comunoty
I am proud to belong to an extraordinary comunoty with amazing characters.
 thank you again for sharing so much to you and david (two loved ones)

Thanks guys,

- Giulio

Hi guys... this is probably a naive question... but will there be an assembly wizard for Python as well?  I am still trying to decide whether to learn VB or Python, and right now Python is looking like the more flexible language for domains outside of Grasshopper.  I seem to recall however that this is one of the drawbacks of using Python (no assembly wizards, etc)...

Thanks,

Marc

Yes is it; but python has a softaware for developpers.

Hi Marc,

You don't need a GHA wizard for python since you just edit the scripts directly in by double clicking on the component.  This is more akin to using the VB or C# scripting components.

-Steve

I actually think a framework to build something akin to .gha's in Python would be nice, but so far only scripting components are supported. The main goal would be to distribute code that can be updated in all components, as well as provided in compiled assemblies. Both tasks can already be accomplished with GhPython, but not in the gha-type of workflow.

Thanks,

- Giulio

So what if I work in Python, but ultimately would like to distribute a tool i.e. a set of grasshopper components? Normally one would use a .gha, but for GhPython the best I can think of is distributing a set of User Objects. Any thoughts?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service