Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello All,

I am currently designing a mold to create a slip cover for my design portfolio. I am new to grasshopper and developing an algorithm to achieve what is displayed below. Attached are images of the actual cover, a concept sketch, and a 3d model I started to work on in Rhino. 

I need a way for grasshopper to generate points on the lines drawn based on the proximity of the contiguous line above it. I will then use the same algorithm to determine the radius of a sphere centered on said points. What this will generate (hopefully) is a 3D surface based on 2D contours. The measurement between lines will have to be perpendicular to the point on the line to determine the correct radius.

Any suggestions on how to approach this project would greatly help. Please contact me at amalchemydesign@gmail.com . 

Thank you

Views: 2575

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

There is no matter between us. For z direction could you not use the same attractor generate lists and set the vector for point movement to z, then re interpolate the curves?
Here is one way. This is just using the same data as the x and y manipulation so the z adjustment is limited to that, but you could create an alternative list from the attractor specifically for z direction for more independent control.
Attachments:
Ah I see, but I like yours because it "freezes" the center area from the rotation effect which is nice, I was trying to find a way to do this the other day oddly enough. It was for a urban scheme definition but I never thought to use list replace. Learn something new everyday I guess.

thanks michael,

i look at it and post my experiment with it.

maybe sean is interested for another issues. (:

Hey Sean,

I have a solution for you! I combined the contour idea with my idea of spheres between two curves. The good thing is no you can handle the curve input. And the contour you get with attractor points. I have added two points now, but I think if you understand the logic behind it you can add more. Ask me if not.

Best Regards

DeDackel

the file

sorry

Attachments:

Hey DeDackel,

This looks extremely close to what I'm trying to accomplish...Brilliant! I will apply it to my file when I get off work and see what I can concoct.

Thank you for your time,

Sean

Hey,

playing around with  the definition gives nice solutions.

Best Regards

DeDackel

Very Cool

Here is my attempt at it :

Notes: the screenshot shows results optimized with Kangaroo, I didnt include that in the definition because it kinda complicated.

This def applied to another set of curves shouldnt give immediate decent results without toying with parameters.

Attachments:

cool man!

très agréable

Systemiq,

All I have to say is Wow. That pretty much encapsulates the design intention ...amazing.

You are all extremely helpfull. Thank you!

Sean

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service