Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi David,

1) With the new Image gallery component, am I correct in thinking that the Remote URLs are not embedded in the ghx local images are?

2) Could you combine the two components together, i.e. have some kind of link so that the image sampler is sampling the current gallery image. This would be very useful when analysing a series of images.

3) If item 2 is possible would you be able to add some controls to the component (typical stuff: First, Previous, Play/Pause, Next, Last.)

4) When you are dragging multiple images to the canvas could it open a gallery component similar to the image sampler with a single image?

5) If the tick box for Remote URLs is unticked could the Local images tab be the default?

6) If you drag images to the URLs could the editor add the filepath and names to the URL list? 

That is all for now....

Views: 1558

Replies to This Discussion

1) True, I store both a list of urls and a list of png images inside the ghx.

2+3) eh... I need to think about this. I fail to see how it would be anything but annoying to have the image sampler switch images while you're in the middle of something, but having a list of target images and some [prev] [next] buttons on the sampler might be useful.

4) Sure, I can change that. But what if the sampler also supports multiple images, should it just create one of those then?

5) Yup, makes sense.

6) So you want an image gallery that can handle embedded images, online images and image files on your system? It's not difficult, just making sure.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

#2 and 6 are closely linked. I'm thinking of having a series of frames from an animation which would be played through the gallery component to influence the definition hence the need for the connection of gallery --> sampler.

#4 maybe you could add the options to the page curl?

Here is a scenario where I would like to employ the gallery --> sampler functionality. Each image is a timestep sequence of a Radar Display. The Filename is the actual timestep so it would be good to be able to access this from the gallery component as well. Maybe have an image properties decomposer component.

If you would like the file I could send it to you be email.

Maybe have an image properties decomposer component.
This is something that has been suggested before and I think would be a great addition, to treat images as a data type.  It would be great to get pixel count, metadata stored within the file, etc...

Of course as soon as I make an image data type I'll also need to make 200+ image drawing components right? :) DrawText, DrawLine, DrawPolygon, DrawCircle, ....

It's not a bad idea, it's just a huge idea. I'll shelf it for the time being.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

I did not say it would be easy, nor something that is a huge priority.  I guess I did not imagine you would implement the whole GDI+ into GH, just a way to have a bit more info from images...

I've been playing around some more with the gallery component, with animation frames in mind, and noticed that the URL tab page is limited. With the file locations I'm using (86 chars) I can get 372 complete images into the gallery. Exact number of characters is 32023. Can this be larger? In this one sequence I have 1805 images.

Also because they are frames of an animation I would like to be able to view them faster than 1 fps. I know that if I was processing data from them that the speed would be dependent on GH processing time, but it would be nice to preview much faster without having to leave GH.

EDIT: If I could use relative filepaths the list could be longer as there are only 22 Chars in the name and they are stored in the same file as the definition. = 1455 images

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service