Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi everyone,

Iam a beginner with grasshopper and i'm having some problems with the line tool.

I'm trying to recreate this project of Lift architects   - http://www.liftarchitects.com/#/pickle-pavilion/ -     by following their instructions. Everything seems fine until Step three : i'm trying to conect the new points with the upper grid points and i'm getting a lot a conections going in every directions. I tried with shorter list but it wasn't better ...

If some of you could help me i'll be really gratefull.

please find attached the grasshopper and rhino 5 files

Views: 1277

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Re-posting - I got confused (twice) because your reference surface is upside down from what is shown at LIFT...?  I finally flipped it in Rhino, aligned it with the origin, and internalized it in the GH file.

• I used just one grid instead of two, above the surface at "ceiling level", moving (copying) all the grid points down in the Z direction, below the surface.
  • I flattened both inputs to the last 'Line' component.

When you see a nest like that, you need to look at the data feeding the component - the tree structure of both line inputs must match. It's not as simple as "always flatten" either... One needs to examine the tree outputs at every step of the way.

Attachments:

A day of distractions...  I was too hasty in flattening.  The result LOOKS and is the same, but if you ever wanted to really build a thing like this, you will need the length of each line in rows and columns, not as a flat list!

Attachments:

So much can be learned by refining code...

I added back the original X, Y offsets for the grid origin, then found it necessary to filter diagonal lines - the grid points off the edge who's X or Y value is different from its matching intersect point are 'Dispatch'ed  to 'B' (ignored) and only the 'A' list is used for lines between 'RecGrid' and 'SCX'.

Attachments:

Hi !

Thanks a lot for your help, In fact i'm not trying to make the exact same thing than they did i'm using as a starting point  for an experience... that's why the reference surface was upside down (sorry for messing with your head :) ...).

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service