Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi All,

this is a reasonably important update for those of you who have been using Grasshopper 0.7.X. It fixes many serious bugs, including a number of crash bugs.

However, if you're still using 0.6.X there is no immediate reason to update. The Grasshopper 0.7 series is still lacking a number of features that have been available previous and shouldn't be used for commercial/important work.

Incomplete list of fixes:
- Sweep1, Sweep2 and Pipe have been re-instated.
- A number of data conversion bugs have been fixed.
- A number of VB and C# Legacy script output data casts have been fixed
- Font mapping has been rewritten, this will hopefully make Grasshopper more robust in the case of missing standard fonts.
- A tolerance bug with BiArcs has been fixed (though the immediate fix will only be available if you run GH on Rhino4, if you're using Rhino5 you'll have to wait for the next V5 Beta before the fix will be available)
- Twisted Box picking has been fixed
- Solid Boolean operations have been sped up and made more robust.
- Catenary solver made more robust for very narrow catenaries.

Incomplete list of new features:
- A bunch of new Plane creation components (courtesy of Stephen Griffin)
- Offset Curve Loose
- Offset Surface Loose
- Nurbs Surface Control-point
- List Insert component
- Scriptable command version of -_Grasshopper
- Grasshopper can now be access from within RhinoScript using a PluginInterfaceObject. See the Grasshopper SDK Helpfile for details (Grasshopper.Plugin.GH_RhinoScriptInterface class)

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 1153

Replies to This Discussion

Hi William,

I'll try and fix the sketch object asap. Hoping to release a new version today or tomorrow.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Hi David,

I almost get running my definition (the big one).
Still a problem with join curves, it loses the list order (something that seams fixed with the explode command):

Getting 6 curves in the same list, the first 3 will join and the last 3 will join as well, resulting two polylines.
What happens is that the polyline generated by the first 3 lines is not always the first polyline in the resultant list.

Do you think that can be fixed? or it's better to go arround the problem?

Thanks again for your amazing work.
Carles
Hi, David, Just adding my question from disscussion,

--------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote "{"&x&"}" in a function script and connect number slider into x input.

But, output is just ------> {}... without number....

I used this before, doesn't it work anymore?
I can repeat that, I'll get it fixed.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Ok, it's fixed. Until the next version is released every expression that relies on doubles being converted into strings won't work.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Hi all,

That's a great release, thanks david.

Just wondering, is there a bug in the Custom Preview option?
Everytime I close a definition and re-Open it or Copy-Paste it to a new definition
all the Values under Diffuse are being Displayed under the Emission Channel...

Avihay.
Hi Avihay,

the Shader parameter is definitely wonky. I'll fix it.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
found a bug maybe.

The catenary curve component didn't work for me. The result is polyline from A straight to the apex and then to B. Tried a few spacings and inputs. Same result.
Also, didn't open for R5 x64, just so you know. Got a message telling me its a 32 bit app only.

Guy
try changing the model units in your drawing from mm to m. I had teh same issue. I think the gravity load component for the solution needs to be scaled based on the units of the model.
RD,
I work in mm! thank you.

- Guy

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service