as I'm leaving tomorrow morning for SmartGeometry, this is the last chance for about 2 weeks to upload a new version. I don't think we're quite ready to release a new version, but I don't want to wait even longer.
The usual warnings:
1. DO NOT
overwrite old files. Makes copies of old files first. Files written with the new version will not be readable by older versions.
2. DO NOT
use this version on critical projects. If something is seriously wrong there won't be time to fix it until mid-december.
Download EXE installer
Download ZIP Installer
A brief overview of changes (not complete):
- Settings are no longer stored in the registry, but instead in xml files in a special folder. This makes it easier to delete them (in case you want to revert to factory defaults), copy them, edit them, share them etc. etc. The folder which contains the settings files can be opened via the [File->Open Settings] menu. Note that many settings files are written when grasshopper closes.
- Toolbar panels have been shrunk. Not all components are now visible on the panels, you have to open up the dropdown to see them all. Not sure yet if this is a good way to go...
- Buttons on toolbar panels are now more logically grouped together.
- New Save on Exit dialog for unsaved files.
- Autosave has been added. By default autosave kicks in just prior to a number of predefined 'risky' operations. You can alter the autosave behaviour via the [File->AutoSave] menu.
- Objects can now be fully disabled. There are new buttons on the Canvas toolbar for this as well as new menu items everywhere. Disabled objects will not collect data and they will not compute solutions. Usually Disabled objects are drawn in dark grey.
- New colour scheme for the GUI. If you're seriously unhappy with the new scheme and you don't mind messing around with xml, feel free to edit the grasshopper_colours.xml file in the Settings folder.
- Gradient object now has custom presets and a custom default. New options available in the Gradient Object Menu.
- Path Mapper object has been replaced. If you're using the old one it will still load correctly, but you'll no longer be able to create a new instance of the old version.
- Remote Control Panel is being reworked. This version contains a semi-functioning one, but I recommend you don't use it at all yet.
- Bunch of new components.
- Bunch of bug-fixes (unfortunately not all reported bugs have been fixed yet)
I probably won't be able to read the forum or my email for a while, so if you're running into serious problems, please revert to the 0.6.0019 build.
Robert McNeel & Associates