Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

Does anyone have GH way of finding and identifying the neighboring cells? I'm sure a VB version is the more straight forward way, but I'm interested in a pure GH def. way...

I was trying to find it trough a intersection of curve and the neighbor cell, but I've got kind of lost...

Thanks
//A

Views: 10450

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for the reply...

Actually I'm interested in finding the solution for numbering every cell and identifying its neighbors in one shot. What we are doing at the moment is analyzing the entire list one by one... What if we could number all cells and identify it's neighbors (the way you do) at once.

... at the moment we have a regular grid generated from one main surface!
Imagine if each cell is generated randomly (maybe all cells are not occupied...) and the surface component is multiple individual surfaces.

... now, how can we number and ID-tag each cell and identify its neighbors in one session?

cell 0 - (C1 C2 C8)
cell 1 - (C0 C7)
cell 2 - (C0 C4)
cell 10 - (C5 C6 C8 C9)

etc.

Best
//A
Argh... I've got the general quad case, but let me clean it up a bit and see if it will work for your case.

I think this works for what you're describing. I'd like to make it work for N-gons...

Attachments:
...nice one, it works just fine here;o)

//A
Ever so close... Need to tweak the final labeling.

...always one step ahead;o) I like your style taz...

//A
Non-planar N-gon magic! The definition is getting cleaner.

Multi-BRep N-gon Magic! Definition is messy again.

Hi taz,

Could you please post this one as well! Somehow I don't get the same result as you get...

Thanks
//A

Hi taz,

I most appreciate your work and it is helping me a lot. But now I'm stuck for a while on a following problem, that I believe you could help me with, had you sent the last version of what you were working on here above.

My present problem is:
I have your definition that you posted in this thread on 24/11 2010. And I need it to find adjacents not just for a single -- selected -- face, but for all the faces of a polysurface (brep). In other words -- I try to make it work not for a single "value" but for an "array". Eventually, I'm looking for a tree of values, where on each branch there would be a list of faces adjacent to one, whom path it bears.

Any response would be of an immense help, as this is slightly beyond the limits of my GH-abilities... Thank you, guys!

Smakoun

I have to go back and find the completed definition and see if it still works...

The work was continued in another discussion where I needed some help.  This discussion may be useful:

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/q-specific-pairings-from

Level of that discussion you linked is too high. I have absolutely no knowledge of scripting in any programming language.

If you find that definition, it would be just perfect... Otherwise I will bother people by founding a new thread, perhaps :).

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service