Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I am doing some performance benchmarking, and while it is not a huge issue, the accuracy of the profiler makes a huge jump from millisecond to decisecond accuracy once the time reaches 1s. The same thing happens at 1 minute, from decisecond to deciminute (what is that even?).

Could the profiler instead have an option to always display milliseconds?

Views: 489

Replies to This Discussion

The profiler is available among the widgets in Display > Canvas Widgets.

Yes, I whipped it together using python almost effortlessly, I was just puzzled that the profiler jumps from 999 ms to 1.0 s, and then from 59.9 s to 1.0 min. Seems strange to impose such limitations to the widget when the data is obviously available.

Thank you, but as stated in my previous post I have created this script already :)

My question was pertaining to the built in Profiler widget, which is useful but missing some functionality.

Hi Toivo,

I also have an accuracy problem with the profiler : if I sum up the times given , I end up with a few seconds, but my definition takes over 1 minute and a half to run.

I wonder why...

Cheers,

Certain parts of the process are not profiled. For example the time it takes to create preview meshes for Breps and surfaces. This can be a significant amount of time.

If you switch to Wireframe display and the times are better, you know that was the problem.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service