Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi ! I have a problem for closing my curves to make a surface with my hot air ballon model. Can anyone help me ? I have also a problem to unroll the strip of the skeleton that will maintain the model. They straddle each others. 

Please. 

Best, 

Nastia 

Views: 1828

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Oh thanks a million ! No actually it's the russian way 

Eucharisty poly 

Best 

Nastia 

BTW: I have other far more sophisticated ways (including assembly "notes") to unroll things but they are carried over solely via code (C#) and that's the reason that I haven't use them here. If however in the future you want something tricky and/or "realistic" (like wasting the min material when fabricating the parts (i.e.  the so called packing)) drop an e-mail.

That said the "real-time" packing part of the equation is more than critical during ANY design (in real-life, not in this Academic case).

Yikes + Yikes (+ Yikes).

Either blame Rhino for this last vector orientation oddity or Karma or something.

Prior checking the DotProduct (last VS the previous)

After

On the safe side: added a DotProduct check for the fist VS the next vector as well

Accept my apologies for not spotting this (lack of espresso without doubt).

Attachments:

If you want to nest your profiles, you could do that : 

convert the curves to SVG with Nik "Rhino Standard Vector Graphics (SVG) File Exporter For Browsers"

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/rhino-standard-vector-gra...

Don't forget to add a rectangle as packing area. 

As my computer doesn't allow to write on c:\ I replace in Python component C:\ directory by c:\SVG : 

text_file = open("C:\Output.svg", "w")

text_file = open("C:\SVG\Output.svg", "w")

Go to http://svgnest.com upload your SVG and select the rectangle, go to configuration and add some Space between parts, I put more than the double tolerance of the curve precision. 

click "start nest" ... wait I  will have something like that. Not very useful with a single shape, but it works. 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service