Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Replies to This Discussion

Its called the inverse i.e. 1/x

if x is closer to a point, 1m then 1/1 = 1

if x is farther away, 10m then 1/10 = 0.1

I usually do that and then remap the values back to the original lists domain. because 1/x turns large numbers into small decimals while it inverses there size.

thank you for your help!

Thanks my friends once again!

but I did what Michael Pryor saids and for some reason its not working pretty wellWhen the values get inverted they dont work as well as it does when they are normal.

can you help me a little with this? I am strugglin trying to find a solution

the geometry should have a nice slope like in the first image. what I am doing wrong?

I am uploading my def

thanks

Attachments:

Ok so you don't want the fall off to be that great. I would suggest you pick a distance away from the line where the column height will always be equal to zero. Then subtract your measured distance from the line away from the is Zero height distance. eg. at 10m all columns will be equal to 0. This will be a linear fall off but when it reaches your desired zero height boundary it will become -ve so You will have to also have an "if(x<0,0,x)" expression.

Otherwise you could soft the inverse fall off by having 1/x^0.5 ie the inverse of the square root or even cube root.

the way i was saying like this.a few thing in your definition. 1:there is a 1/x component you don't need to divide 1 over x with the divide component. 2:you were not using remap correctly you were feeding the domain extremes of the 1/x list into the the remap component, you need to feed it the values of the list prior to the 1/x component this way your telling it to take the inverse relationship of values just created by the 1/x and adjust it proportionally to be between the extremes of the original list. 3: min and max components will give you better control over attractions.
Attachments:
THANKS MAN!! muchas gracias you are helping me alot!!!!

ok, here is my definition, different approach. 

this is how I made these maps : 

http://www.mateuszzwierzycki.jupe.pl/blog/2011/08/07/warsztaty-w-ch...

edit : if you want to use weaverbird, make mesh correct (shift rectangle "zero plane" corners to obtain 4 control points (there are 5))

Attachments:

gonan try it out and I will tell you....thanks though thanks so much

heh... i read your first post so fast that I did not understood the question exactly ;]

if you want to ATTRACT smth than use remap values component. 

source domain i.e. -10 to 10

target domain then 10 to -10

will work for sure

^the simple things we sometime overlook. Nice.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service