Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello,
I am hoping for some advice on the attached definition. The purpose is to define the spatial patterns arising from paths crossing a point field. This then would be modified for particular context including landform topography.  As shown the definition works well with a slider moving a cutting plane. However, what I  need is for multiple levels to appear at the same time. I assumed that a series module would accomplish this but alas it failed.  I have tried almost every combination of flattening, grafting, various arboreal operations including remapping at multiple locations all to no avail. When examined with the point numbering module I seem to get either all one index or else a continuous path including all points at all levels. I therefore was hoping that someone might peer into the def to see what is wrong or else to advise on a more promising approach.
robin dripps

Views: 556

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Robin,

You're on the right track by thinking arborealistically, but you need to track the tree logic all the way through.

For the intersection of planes and lines you need a branch for each set of lines (basically each line duplicated x number of times) corresponding to x number of planes.

The other modification I made was to generate your base point grid from a surface instead of the rectangular grid. The rectangular grid gives you a point at the corner of each grid square so you would have (roughly) 4x more points than I think you really want.

-taz

Attachments:
Taz,
Thank you so much for this, it now works just as I had hoped. I knew there was tree trouble and even had a sense as to what this ought to be but could not get there. I so appreciate your help and the generosity of this whole group of explorers.
robin
Robin,

No problem. Glad to be helpful.

I also couldn't help myself so I made an update to link everything dynamically (to eliminate the disclaimer in the Note).

[Replace Branches] is a tricky component to get a handle on and it's fallen out of favor since the [Path Mapper] was introduced, but it's still useful.

Attachments:
Taz,
This is wonderful and quite elegant. I think it will also take me some time to really sort out the implications but again I cannot thank you enough for this.
robin dripps

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service