Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

What is this surface called and how can I begin to make it?

Views: 9285

Replies to This Discussion

Fair enough, but maybe sometimes 3D needs to just replicate the final object, not its process, but it would be a fun task to try and recreate. I've seen some interesting similar models with sliced rubber.  

nice

This is allllll so great, thank you so much for your helpful replies.

I am working on it and trying to do as you say. and i understand in theory what to do, but I'm pretty new and so I can't seem to figure out how to really do it. I have attached the file I am working on.

The original surface is there and its contour lines. and on the left i have 1 try of where i cut the surface into a bunch of strips or there's the other try where I'm trying to slice the surface using those curves (but it doesn't work for me, I must be doing something wrong).

Which way would be the best? I have put some anchor points on the "1 try" because I was trying to see if kangaroo forces would work butttt I couldn't figure it out either.

I wish I could look at a sample file definition of someone doing the same thing.

But thank you so much you all are so enlightening. I really want to get it to work.

Thank you so much for your time,

Anni

Attachments:

Hi!, I'm working on a project with a somewhat similar expanding logic. Has anyone made any progress with the kangaroo portion of this? I'd be extremely grateful if you could share.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service