Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi everyone.I am new here and I have a problem about voronoi system and I need help for generating a 3d voronoi for my project.Is it impossible for me to do it without a script.Because my instructure told me that I cannot do it without a script.If any one of you help me, I will be happy.

Views: 24670

Replies to This Discussion

its kind of a script no?
i assumed it was a grasshopper instructor and he meant that you couldn't do it using out of the box components, but you know what they say about assuming.
ok but the thing I am thinking on, is that a component of a pattern or whole voronoi structure?
Amazing!!Thanks for share!!
I know this is old but this comment is such a win, hated the "know it all" profs. HA
Ahmet,
Could you post the final working definition.
It should be really simple to recreate it yourself from the screenshot. The only hidden thing is that the U input of the bounding box component is changed to TRUE. If the maximum distance between the 2 furthest points is longer than 100 units, increase the number of those intervals as well. There is no more to it.
I rebuilt it from the image and there is a null item once the lines pass through the perp. frame. I'm not sure why. I've uploaded the file. I'm using the latest version of grasshopper. Thanks in advance for your time.

-Matt
Attachments:
The definition is working fine. Just hide everything except the last component.

The null item happens because of the 0 length line that gets created when each point is connected with itself. (for some reason i get null values, you get 0 length curves). The best way to deal with it is probably to add a "clean tree" component after the perp frame or the bounding box components.

Oh, and disconnect the sliders from the list item and shift list components, where did you see that in the screenshot?
hi vincente,

i've followed this threat for a while and had a try last week. Like the most here i've discovered problems too. List item gets no data even with a clean tree right after the perb frame. i can't get it to run somehow. can you take a look? thanx a lot in advance!
Attachments:
For some reason you have the i input of the List Item component empty, it should be left at the default value of "0". Also, remember to use the clean tree component.
Thanks,

Working now. Without the clean tree it was omitting one point and not building the cell. Here is the finished one in case anyone else is interested.
Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service