Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello All

Does anyone know if its possible with the path mapper to take a single path and subdivide it down into a know smaller set of paths without flattening or grafting it. As i have tried every variation i can think of in the inputs and outputs yet can't crack it.

Say i have a path with 188 Points in a single path and i want to subdivide them down into 4 new paths. The number of paths will not change but the number in each list must be able to change.

If this is then possible i propose to take each of a list of paths and write the code into it as all divide by 4 and all i change is the inputs of set letters to denote input paths per line and addtion number of output paths.

Thanks
Matt

Views: 11956

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,Manuel

what does "/" mean in the expression?Does it means "division" or something esle?

Thanks a lot in advance

Slash / means division.

Backslash \ means Integer division (same as division but it returns the integer portion only).

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

any way to make the number of output branches parametric?
same question here...
What do the terms 'floor' and 'ceiling' mean, can't find it anywhere in the help file!!!

How could I manipulate the following data to be:

{0;1-10;1-6} with the (n) unchanged?? so that I end up with paths in groups of 10

floor = rounding down the number (7.15=7)
ceiling = up (7.15=8)

they're common math functions in programming languages
Thanks Andrei!!

Any clues with splitting my paths up? ;) I really need help, grasshopper is killing me!
Hi Mickey

A very basic way and not very parametric would be to plug parameter view into a list of items then connect these to a list of Tree Branch (items) for the I input of the items connect a series set from 0 to 9 then in the 2nd 3rd for etc inputs Add the express I+ 10,20,30 and so on.

Note the graft is not required it just how i created the code replace with your input into parameter viewer

Hope this helps until i or someone else can think up a super parametric solution.

Matt
Thanks Matt, I'm kinda glad to know there wasn't just a ticky box I was missing but unfortunately I need a parametric solution. Perhaps someone could help me solve this problem from happening in the first place. I have my data organised the way I want it but when I find the control points of my curves it ruins my data organisation any thoughts?

I want it to retain the original 10 paths but just add a new branch for each new set of control points.
here's a non-mapper solution i made up...

Attachments:
Thanks Andrei!!! I'm going to give that a try now!
Andrei, I can't get your definition to work :( My panel viewer shows different numbers to yours even though I'm sure I followed it exactly, any ideas??

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service