Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

recommend the plug-ins for grasshopper you like best!

I am a undergraduate student in major of architecture, and I found there were thousands of plug-ins for grasshopper, but I don't know what kind of functions they can provide. 

I believe every of you might have used some plug-ins for grasshopper, therefore, please recommend a couple of plug-ins that you like or  you think which is very practical, and describe what we can do with them. It is better if you would like to attach some images or ghx file to show their functions!

Thank all of you and join in the discussion!

Views: 12847

Replies to This Discussion

I found that the one component that got me started on thinking about the wonders of Grasshopper was the Pull Component. Vector>Point>Pull Point [Pull a point to a variety of Geometry]. This allows you to evaluate the closest object to a given point. Attached are the model and definition to demonstrate this in use, they are from a Grasshopper workshop taken by David in London on 2009-07-10.

Note: if it is running too slow switch off the Preview on the Preview Shader Component and turn on the Box Component (Input for Preview Shader) to see it in GH Red Display
Attachments:
I like the your result, like seats in a theater!
I would have to completely agree...as far as components go, the Pull Point is a doozy!

Hi Danny Boyes how can I apply this logic into a diamond grid with lunchbox? over one surface I hope you can help me.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service