Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Grasshopper 0.7.0052 is available for download

● Added copy mode to Drag tool (press Alt to enable/disable copy).
  ● Added Ctrl+Tab document cycling.
  ● Added UI mode to View menu which includes all DropDown components on the main toolbars.
  ● Added MeshShadow component.
  ● Added MeshSplitPlane component.
  ● Added MeshSplitDisjoint component.
  ● Added MeshJoin component.
  ● Added MeshBooleanUnion component.
  ● Added MeshBooleanDifference component.
  ● Added MeshBooleanIntersection component.
  ● Added Set Default item to panel menu to set global panel background colours.
  ● Put the Default Panel fill colour into the grasshopper_gui.xml Skin file.
  ○ Fixed a bug with the aligned BoundingBox component.
  ○ Fixed a bug with the slider numeric input and numpad keys.
  ○ Fixed a bug with the slider numeric input and combination keypresses.
  ○ Past Escape presses would trigger the abort state, this is now fixed.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 1407

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Philipp,
As far as I know, the legend is only for the canvas. You plug in a list of colors and a list of text values. I use it a lot for showing the values of incoming sensor data.
Oh, thnks a lot.
bur it will be great if this legend will be in a viewport (like in Eotect)...
Hi Philipp,

can you post an image of how Ecotext solves this? Where in the viewport is the legend drawn? Is it a 3D or a 2D object? Is it visible in all viewports? What about Layout viewports? What happens when the legend is too big to fit in a viewport? What if you have multiple legends?

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

I am not very familiar with Ecotect. This is not my screenshot as i have not my files for now. Legend is represented in one of viewport corners. It have few changing properties so i think that it have a limit of colours what prevents it from being too big.
In ecotect there is only one viewport and there is no layouts. For our situation maybe it will be optimal to have it in active viewport and, maybe, in a layouts.
In this case maybe we can put multiple legends on a layout, but also we can just switch of-on components in grasshopper - with only one represented in one time.
In ecotect, and as i can imagine it in gh, it 2d.

Maybe, as it is for similar issues, can form separate block in a toolbar with dimensons components, ir will be great!
Ok thanks. I'll see if I can come up with something that makes sense.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
maybe even a little better, the ability to be able to tell any component output to show up in a HUD in the view port. that way if we want to track other values they can just be added as floating text (or whatever) over the viewport. i guess a HUD component that you can just plug things into that will then overlay it in a viewport.
Hi David,

are there any known issues regarding Rhino total crashes with GH 0.7.x
Since I installed the GH 0.7.x version Rhino crashes completely as soon as I double click any GH component (VB component but also ohters). With version 0.7.x GH starts normal but I can't work with it.
I tried to reinstall GH 0.6.x but it doesn't start any more. A popup states promblems with the GH_scribble component after 14% of loading?

Any suggestions?

THX!
GH_Scribble is a known problem with missing system fonts. The Font system has been rewritten in 0.7 so it should not longer crash there.

I'm not aware of double click crashes. I've seen cases where the Code editor fails to pop up, but never followed by a total crash. Which other components are you double clicking in addition to VB scripts?

When Rhino crashes out, is there a dialog box that asks you to submit the crash data?

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Hi David,

Yes there is a dialog box popping up. I didn't submit any data yet.

Well if I double click the C# component, but Rhino also crashes if I double click any of the Funktion components.
Ok, please submit the crash detail with a comment like "Grasshopper double click crash" or something.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Ok done!
Thanks.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos