Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

GH 0.7.0030 (June 18th build) is available for download.

You need at least Rhino4 SR8 to run this build.

This build fixes numerous serious bugs in the previous 0.7 release so it is highly recommended for those of you who have already had the nerve to depart from 0.6.X.

One of the fixes affects Cross Reference Data Matching and although it is only supposed to be a fix, please be on the lookout for any unwanted changes.

A new feature available in this build are User Objects. Basically you can store any individual existing object on the canvas (including all settings) as a new Component. This allows you to create parameters with preset data, or Components with preset inputs, or Sliders with Integer accuracy as default, or ready made Script components.

User Objects can be created from the Grasshopper File menu. They can be deleted from the toolbars (each component on the toolbar now has a rudimentary menu), or they can be managed manually. There is a single User Object folder (accessible via the File menu again), so anything placed in here will be loaded.

This is still a very early attempt at making a customizable toolset. The interface and responsiveness of User Objects will improve.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 5192

Replies to This Discussion

i found what i believe to be a bug, if you try to box morph any brep it does not compute. whats odd is that the component stays grey but nothing shows up. box morph only works with surfaces.

edit i just saw Daniel's post above. i have the same results.
Finally got round to stepping over to 0.7.0030 and it feels great!

The more i use GH, the more i enjoy it.

When can we hope to see the 64 bit version? - Sorry if this has already been brought up, i've not been following the 0.7 discussions as closely as i'd of liked...

Keep up the good work, the best just keeps getting better!

David.
Hi David is it normal that the function "railrevolve" disappeared?
Hi Stephane,

sorry, I mistakenly hid it. It will be available again in the next release.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
[Replace Branches] fails to deserial itself with multiple instances.
Another minor one:
Just noticed that shaders for the custom preview seem to behave oddly on saving (the transparency keeps setting itself to 1).
Minor my #ss. Four hours!

It's fixed now anyway. Thanks for spotting this.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Hi David,

Thanks a lot for the update, this release is great.

But I found what I believe to be a bug

for 3D curves and 3D lines: domain ≠ length

for 2D lines: domain = length

You can see definitions attached.

Thanks for reply
Attachments:
I get the following error with curve-line intersections with gh0.7.0030 in Rhino5 but not in Rhino 4:

Daniel,

because Grasshopper ships with a special flavour of RhinoCommon which is only used when it runs under Rhino4 these things might crop up from time to time. Basically whenever a breaking change is made to the RhinoCommon source we're at risk of something like this happening. If Grasshopper is released before the Rhino5 weekly WIP, the above is the result.

Hopefully this will be rectified automatically as Rhino updates itself (usually Tuesday evening, Pacific time).

I'm not telling you off for reporting this, just explaining what is going wrong and how it will fix itself in a few days time.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Hi David, another lovely bug for you - the Project component no longer seems to work properly, it just outputs Null. The inputs seem to be valid curves and surfaces (it worked in 0.6 at least!) and it doesn't produce any runtime messages.

Let me know if you have trouble reproducing it and I'll send you the file.
Fixed now. Should be available in the next release (sometime next week in all likelyhood).

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos