Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Grasshopper 0.6.0018 is now available for download.
This will be the last release for a while, I'll be at Siggraph all next week and in the Seattle office after August 20th. I will not be reachable before then.

This release features a crash bug fix reported by Daniel regarding null entries in Expression editors. It also has a SimplifyCurve component and the first stab at a timer object. The timer object UI is still a bit cluncky, please read the help-topic before using it.

EXE installer
ZIP installer

Enjoy!

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Robert McNeel & Associates

Views: 1795

Replies to This Discussion

Safe travels!
Thank you David. I can wait to play with it....have a nice trip
thanx david, i tried it, it's awesome, a lot of new features... and the Save state option was what i was looking for! good luck for siggraph!
The latest versions don't seems to have the clustering action, personally I found it very usefull, i hope it will come back to GH.
Thanks for the hard work. Have a nice trip. Look forward to the next build!
David,
Been playing around with the timer. Pretty funky (in a good way). Would it make sense to get a boolean input in there to turn everything on t the same time? I'd rather do that than always leave the timer on...
I cannot seem to make the timer work. Would it be possible to post a simple example. In my case I cannot seem to delay the update.

Many thanks
I spent little time with the timer but i think it only calls the components again, if the input data stays the same no change will appear. For example, if you are reading from an external file that's being modified, you will see changes on every update. This is also useful if you are maybe baking geometry and reading from it again. You can also add variables in a scripting component that can get modified but store their value inbetween updates. To do this create a scripting component and add the following lines:

b = b+1
a = b

And under #Region "Additional methods and Type declarations" type:

dim b as integer

This component will ouput increasing numbers for every timer update. Link it to a sphere radius for example to see the effect. I'm not sure if there is a more direct way of seeing some sort of effect with the timer.
To note, all of the things I have being fed into a scripting component from maya and processing are thus far working correctly, though a more thorough and robust test must be done. All I do is connect the timer to the script component. I liked using Giulio's engine because of the Boolean switch.
I didnt have any idea about how to timer. it's usefull for work?
Hi Luis,

double clicking the timer will toggle the enable/disable state. If I add a boolean input for this, where would this boolean come from?
David,
I am referring to a boolean input ala Giulio's component... I suppose I got used to using boolean toggle to make a bunch of things start at the same time...including the timer...its just a small annoyance now, clicking the boolean and then the timer...

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service