Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Important. You need recent Microsoft C++ runtimes in order to run this version of Grasshopper. You can download them here.

A new release is available for download from the usual location. This release mainly features a set of bug fixes. Not all reported bugs in 0.8.0065 and earlier have been fixed. OffsetCurveOnSurface and Brep internalisation is still buggy.

List of features and fixes:

• VB and C# script components now have 'Destroy Caches' menu item that erases all recorded compiler data.
  • VB and C# script components now also cache compiler errors and warnings.
  • VB and C# script component code editor now caches the 10 most recent source codes.
  • Mesh Volume computation was broken on Rhino4, this is fixed.
  • VB and C# scripts would not update on parameter addition or removal, this is fixed.
  • Similarity component did not work well with negative numbers, this is fixed.
  • Display adjustment for curves was not working, this is fixed.
  • VB/C# script code changes were delayed until after autosave, this is fixed.
  • VB/C# scripts would not be re-evaluated after certain breaking changes, this is fixed.
  • VB/C# script editor would not save the code when the target object has been modified, this is fixed.
  • Rail Revolution component did not work, this is fixed.
  • Changing expressions on output parameters did not result in an update, this is fixed.
  • Changing Normalise flags on curve output parameters did not result in an update, this is fixed.
  • Changing Normalise flags on surface output parameters did not result in an update, this is fixed.
  • Changing Unitize flags on vector output parameters did not result in an update, this is fixed.
  • Changing Invert flags on boolean output parameters did not result in an update, this is fixed.
  • Undo/Redo events that affect output parameter post processes would not cause updates, this is fixed.
  • Script components in User Objects and Clusters were not deserializing correctly, this is hopefully fixed.
  • GH/GHX document ids were not deserialized, this is fixed.
  • User Objects with an unset subcategory caused a failure in the Ribbon, this is fixed.
  • Radial Grids would omit the row of points along the boundary of the grid, this is fixed.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Views: 15296

Replies to This Discussion

Got it.

Thanks,

Phillip

Course I can do this manually, but is it possible to add somehow right align, center align and left align to 3d tags component?

Hi,

I think there is a bug with ListItem. See attached.

Is it possible to keep TreeStructure while internalising data?

Best,

P

Attachments:

Hi Phillip,

List item doesn't do what you think it does. You want the [Member Index] component in the Sets tab, Sets panel.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Ok. I see this has been discussed before:

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/list-index

Thanks. 

P

hello!

there is no shaded preview...thank you!

Just to be sure can you make certain that the Shaded Preview option is ticked in the far right hand side of the Toolbar.

its ticked, maybe its my rhino version...

is says: An error occured in the display pipeline @ 17:58:22(882ms)

And what version is that?

Display issues normally comes down to the last time you updated your display drivers. More often the case is it hasn't been since you got the computer. I know I hadn't updated mine for 3 years until recently.

The image above is from my work computer running GH v0.8.0066, Rhino 5 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit SP1 (I think), 4GB Ram, NVidia Quadro FX570 (x2), Display drivers updated last month, OpenGL version 3.3xx

Based on all the plug-in's that and components that people make that require boolean toggle in an immediate activate/deactivate kind of way, it would be helpful if there was a slingshot version of the boolean toggle. Where you slide a toggle over untill it hits the activated state, and on mouse release it slingshots back into "false" (or true, something you could change in its settings or something).

I've had a few headaches cause by long baking or exporting processes that let me forget that I have to true boolean toggle left on, and I make a little change somewhere downstream, and WHAMMO.... waiting for 2 minutes for things to calculate.

Don't know if this has been suggested before, but an idea.

I would support this. I was just going to make the same suggestion about a button that returned to 0 output when the solution was complete. I must have crashed rhino countless times this week by forgetting to return an activate input on Giulio's Bake attributes component.

David doesn't return until the 27th Feb so he will probably miss this post. on such a long thread. Either make a dedicated Wish discussion or bump this when he's back. But If you forget I won't :)  

I was thinking about plugging some components to a timer, but I didn't do anything about it (yet). Nice spin-off topic by the way, and yes, do make it a Wish discussion.
So that's vote #2. I bet there's somebody around here somewhere who can solve this.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service