algorithmic modeling for Rhino
Grasshopper 0.8.0062 is now available for download from the usual location.
Changes and fixes since 0.8.0061:
● Added Content Filter section to the Preferences (Interface section).
● All users will be asked to specify the level of content filtering in the Grasshopper GUI.
● Added Geometry Pipeline object for live object updates (Params.Geometry panel).
● Added Circle Tan Tan component (Curve.Primitive dropdown).
● Added Circle Tan Tan Tan component (Curve.Primitive dropdown).
● Components which have been superceded by newer versions are now marked "Old".
● Added "Show Full Name" item to View menu.
● Coordinate Masks now support all possible permutations of x, y & z.
● Coordinate masks can now be created from text.
● The Stream Filter component now shows which index is streaming.
● Decompose Point component now has a Plane input.
● Point XYZ component now has a Plane input.
● Message Balloons are now drawn in screen space.
● Added an "Upgrade Legacy Components" item to the Solution menu.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to VB component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to C# component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Sort component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Clean Tree component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Simplify Tree component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Flatten Tree component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Explode Tree component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Weave component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Null Item component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Curve Closed component.
● Added auto-upgrade behaviour to Polygon Center component.
● Isocurve component now limits isocurves to the trimmed region.
○ Internalise wouldn't work on Point parameters, this is fixed.
○ Large strings in tooltips would not display in a useful fashion, this is fixed.
○ The Canvas Radial menu would pop up if space was pressed while inside a nested textbox, this is fixed.
○ Internalise data would fail to disassociate references in certain cases, this is fixed.
The Circle Tangency components won't work in Rhino5 until the next beta goes out.
Hi David, i sent you an email at David@McNeel.com hope this is ok.
I forgot, i´m working in win7/Rhino4SR9
Thanks to you and the GH team for making "scripting" so accessible and funny!
I liked it so far and allways look out for fresh ideas first - you still got a "GO" from me...:)
(Did you get the bunny complains from the automotive design industry?, ...fuel injection logo?)
Geometry pipeline = awesome.
I don't get it, what does it do.
It automatically references all or specific items on all or specific layers. If you set a layer name and leave the object name as *, it will reference all objects on that layer. Whenever you add or remove an object from that layer, the pipeline will update.
You can also filter what types of objects it references.
Cool for lots of reasons - major one is your grasshopper definition can automatically update/change as you model in rhino.
One suggestion though David: Having layer and name set to all (*) by default can be a bummer sometimes. I just placed one in a rhino model with 20,000+ objects and it took a couple minutes since it referenced them all by default.
Maybe set it to nothing by default and leave a note that (*) means all layers?
got it now, thanks.
Or maybe add a switch for auto-update and leave it off by default?
Would the auto update switch keep it from referencing everything right when you place it? Or just from updating automatically once the reference(s) have been made?
Personally I think the auto-update feature is the coolest part about it. I do see the value in the switch but I might prefer it on by default (a very minor thing obviously, so either way works!)
I think I'd prefer it to have no layer/object name selected by default and require me to specify a layer or object name.
Just my 2 cents.
It just prevents the update (like when you add a new object to a layer, or rename a layer) but nothing can stop a referenced object from updating itself automatically.
I got lazy and just set the default type filter to None, so you have to specifically enable Point, Curve, Brep or Mesh filters.
Its really a awesome new feature, thanks guys,
You mean you solved it, or you just think that might be the problem?