Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Where Can I find the Barend Hemmes wooden laser cut waffled light bulb grasshopper factory?

Site Administrator Note: worldwide copyright for this design has been claimed by the original artist (see this response).

I want to recreate this (see below) for a project, I have the grasshopper program but I need a factory for this or any other tips where I can generate this, I have 2 days to do it. It seems fairly easy. Well, please help.

Thanks

Views: 8420

Replies to This Discussion

Its 1/8 inches or 0.1250". In milimeters its 3.1750.
Hey, thank you again, I truly appreciate the help. You are going to have to send me your contact info, I'll like to send you something as a gratitude of my appreciation.

Sim, how many ribs you want it to have vertically and how mane around?

Sim, I'm attaching you the files with all you need to make the lamp, the first file contains the Ribs' planes for lasser cutting, pieces are tagged, hope it's helpful. the second file contains the profile curve for the grasshopper definition and the third file contains the GH definition where you can change the parameters to get more or less ribs, i tried to make it as clean as possible, if you have any doubt i'm here to help you

Leonardo Nuevo Arenas
CEO Complex Geometry
http://ComplexGeometry.com

Attachments:

Dude,

Thanks so much again, I apologize I went to bed when you sent the remaining messages. I will look these over and play with them to my specs, if they aren't already. Thanks again, I will go to your site and check somethings out. By the way, just curious why milimeters? Alright, I see where you are located, got it haha.

I'm from México, so, for me it's easier to understand it in millimeters, but if you open a new document in Rhino on Ft or inches the definition will work in that system. by the way, the curve can be modified or you can give another curve to the definition but you need it to have it's end point's aligned and it should be drawn on front view. anyway if you have a problem just ask, and, could i ask you something? could you send me pics of the final lamp when you build it?

Its the least I could do yeah, no problem.

I have finished the mock-up 2ply chip bulb, I will work on a plywood version by next week and have the pics in to you by next week. Thanks again.

Thnks also, more to use.

Dear Sim Odu

I am Barend Hemmes, the creator of the wooden bulb.

It has come to light that you are trying to reproduce my product/s without my consent or the consent of my distributing company.

Just to inform you that we have a global copy right on this product as well as all of my products.

Failure to stop reproducing my itms will result in a legal law suit against you and the individuals that are assisting you in the your efforts to rip of my products.

Please acknowledge this letter and we will let the matter lie.

If it does come to light that my products are being reproduce in anyway or form action will be taken.

Regards barend Hemmes

you have the patent to waffle structures?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service