Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

i´m working with a Series of polygons, so i want to divide into various groups 

with the area criteria.

so the big question is 

How can i retrieve Specifics items from a Data list depends of the Area Value of its ? 

Views: 3411

Replies to This Discussion

anyone with an idea ? 

I can't put anything specifc together right now but have a look at the image related to this post: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/changing-default-origin-o...

The last few components on the far right hand side are the smaller than, area and cull pattern components.

If you still need help I can get back to you later

Hi Toussaint,

have a look at the attached.

Best, Peter

Attachments:

Hi Peter,

A better use of the Create Set component would be to use the member index output to arrange all the objects onto different branches containing similar areas.

This also aids with Rutten's 4th Law of Grasshopper :)

Here's the file:

Attachments:

Danny i was looking into your definition and theres some things that i dont really understand 

what the CSET parameter and the Replace Parameter do, can you explain a little bit. 

sorry but i'm new in GH and its my first time that i saw Cset working and i cant understand what Cset really do to discriminate the data that goes into the Replace Parameter.

just confuse :S 

Create Set will Create a Valid Set which is another way of saying it will only contain distinctly different values.

It will only work on simple Data Types: Numbers, Integers, Strings, Points, Colours and Vectors. Some of these types it is good practice to Round them to a set number of decimal places to avoid and slight differences.

The Member Index will identify which value of the New Set your original list is. Therefore all the 0s are one type and all the 1s are another.

Replace Branches is like a change of address system you identify which Branch it is you want to change with a list of Strings in the Form {0;0;0} and you then supply a list of new branches. This can be just single numbers eg 2, 1, 1, 0 etc

Now you have the situation where

{0;0;0} --> {2}

{0;0;1} --> {1}

{0;0;2} --> {1}

{0;0;3} --> {0}

etc.

Therefore all Create Set Index 0s are on the same Branch {0} and 1s are on {1} etc.

Awesome, Really Helpfull  now let me drive to the Madness 

Thank you Danny, it was very helpful for me.

Best, Peter

Thanks a lot those two samples will be so hellpfull for my goals.

i´m trying to do some Data Mining operations in an urban context for diferent kinds of plots, to arrange it by Area, and by the length of the front side, so when i finished the entire definition i will going to upload the samples and the GH definitions

Thanks   

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service