Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi all,

I've just came across some incident in the "Set Difference"-component which I can't explain.

The Set Difference of Integers doesn't work, strangely it only occurs in Branches ending with zero.

I've tried flatten - unflatten, turning it into points and numbers. Doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Benjamin

Views: 776

Replies to This Discussion

Note:

It doesn't only appear in branches ending with zero.
Actually in later parts of the tree, the component doesn't work anymore at all.

Or maybe does anyone know a quick work around in VB or C# ???

See you

The files...

They are about Mesh connectivity (Plankton required). The error occurs in the white frame

Attachments:

The branches in A and B are matched up not by their code, but by their position within the tree. That might explain why items in {9;2} in A are not getting removed by items in {9;2} in B. Or it may not, I'd have to see the actual data to be sure.

Can you internalise the data in those Int parameters and then post the visible portion of this file?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Seattle, WA

Sure,

there you go.

I also tried to shift the lists in B to change the integers positions. Same results

Attachments:

Here's your problem; racoons in the plumbing:

The tree on the left only has 45 branches, the one on the right has 50. They start to differ at the fourth branch ({1;0} on the left, {0;3} on the right)

Do you want to remove all branches in the right tree that do not appear on the left? Or is there some other problem causing this disparity?

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Seattle, WA

Hey.. yes actually I was aware of that issue.

I wanted to the remove these branches and thought the Set Difference compontent would just ignore the excessive paths and would do the job.

I fixed it and now it works properly.

Thanks a lot David

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service