Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

I have generated some meshes with vertex color corresponding to their sun exposure. It looks great in Rhino, but I want to be able to get some kind of output from Rhino. I can't create a rendering because that doesn't show the color. The only option seems to be a screen dump, but that of course gives a very low resolution. Is there another way? Maybe somehow create a texture from the color information (seems like a weird solution)?

Or,
does anyone know how to export a model with the FalseColor data? Preferably to Microstation...
is there a renderer that can read FalseColor data, either a stand alone or maybe Rhino-renderer?

This actually not strictly a GH-issue...

Views: 4380

Replies to This Discussion

fantastic! thank you!
It's not exactly the same. What i posted in that thread is for coloring multiple objects with a single color each, this one colors a single mesh with a different color on each vertex. Nevertheless, this one gave me some problems (as you can see in the rendered image), i think it has to do with using rhinocommon, i did the other one using the old sdk and it worked perfectly. It should be simple enought to rewrite this one in the old sdk, ill try some other time.
Increasing the resolution won't make any difference. Using this script, the resolution depends on the vertices of your mesh. There is no color information in between the vertices. Subdivide the mesh to get a higher resolution.

A new procedural shader was released today that enables you to render mesh vertex colors directly in Brazil for Rhino. You can download it here:

http://brazil.mcneel.com/forums/t/1313.aspx

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service