Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello everyone,

I know there exists the Kangaroo that does remove the duplicate lines, but I want to remove BOTH lines that are overlapping, not the just one of the duplicates. I can't evaluate length and cull the pattern because all my lines are equal in length.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Views: 16948

Replies to This Discussion

If the midpoint of the curves being the same is sufficient criteria then this would do it. Although I think there is probably a better way out there. And if you can wait for the next release then the New Sets Components would handle this very well, for points still.

thanks a lot Danny, it makes sense...I'm trying to follow your definition but I'm not sure I got it completely...do you mind posting the grasshopper definition?

How else will you learn where things are and what they do :P. But alas I didn't save it, sorry

Components used.

Point on Curve

List Length

Series

Shift

Split List.

Equality

Shift List again with Expression -S also Graft List

Flip Matrix

Mass Addition

Cull Pattern  with Flatten List

sorry about that, the only component I was looking for was the one with 0.50

didn't know what was it, but I got it, thanks a lot Danny

Not a problem, always here to help.
If midpoints are not enough, this should work with endpoints. (Equals components are in cross reference mode)
:D
Attachments:
I've been trying for many days and I have tried all the propositions, but I still couldn't figure out...it doesn't seem to work with my list of endpoints. I posted the list, can anyone help again? Thanks!!!
Attachments:
Mmmh just to make sure, are you feeding our proposed definitions with points or lines ?

to lines...

actually what i want to do is I have series of cubes that I made union into one Brep and I want to have one clean surface without grid. So I thought I can clear all the overlapping lines when I wireframe them...I have attached my rhino and grasshopper file. Thanks for any help!!

Attachments:
Ooops, looks like the equals component wasnt utilized properly, tell if this works better.
Attachments:
works! thank you so much!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service