Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Recreating a shape (set of related curves) in Grasshopper

Hi guys,

I am at beginning of the beginner level
So it might be very simple and obvious task, but I'm feeling I am in trouble with it

I would appreciate any of your help (suggestions, references to tutorials dealing w/ similar cases etc) on achieving the following.

1. Recreate this shape below, let's call it a circle with hooks (it's a set of curves I assume?)

2. By modifying the shape of one 'hook', all of them should change in the same way.

I made several attempts, but I can't get it to work and looks like I am nowhere in the vicinity of what needs to be done... .gh file attached.

Sorry if I am missing any info/attachments needed to answer my question. Will add, just lmk.

Thanks much for your advice.

Views: 570

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

This isn't quite right, but perhaps someone else here will know how to fix it. 

Attachments:

I think I fixed it.

Attachments:

Hi.

Check this as well. And make sure to check your GH's "Gumballs" option(Display-->Gumballs).

Attachments:

Hyungsoo - your solution is far more elegant than mine (of course), but I discovered that it changes the scale of the hooks simply as a result of changing the count.  

But there is no scale component in your solution - so I'm hoping you can explain how/where the scaling happens.

Thanks.

@Birk

doesn't THIS component scale the hooks?

Hi. Birk.

Orient Direction component has two direction vector inputs(refrence & target).

If you use the unit vectors of them, then, there's no scaling happens.

But I used different lines as vector inputs, so that can make scaling happen.

Thanks a lot, Hyungsoo! I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of the zillion points I initially had, and Your solution show ..and also much appreciated that you provided the solution where the circle "breaks" This is one of the things I will make a use of.

Hyungsoo - Thanks for pointing out how Orient Direction can both orient and scale at the same time. This was not obvious to me at all.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service