Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to understand how the Random Component works, assigning a different height to each circle built within a square grid. It generates different values but if I increase the number of random values, it only assigns those value to a list of geometry so the overall randomness is not coming through.

Do I need to flatten the values?

Views: 1571

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Fabio,

If you generate multiple random Seed Values you will get the effect you need.

Attachments:

Thanks a lot Danny.

Also Danny, why is the 'Surface from Points' component is not generating a surface parallel to the xy grid but it's connecting the points along the parallel plane?

Attachments:

The input to the SurfaceFromPts component needs to be all on one branch. Also you need to use the Ex slider as the input to U to get it to match.

Note: If you plan to have multiple surfaces from multiple inputs then a flatten will screw this up. But a Shift Paths component would do the job better, but only if you intend to go down this avenue.

Attachments:

Great. Thanks again.

I've been trying to apply the definition to a triangular surface/mesh (I'm working on a triangulated structure and I want to create a sort of 'outer' skin of this structure through the random component) but the surface from points is now giving me 'A point in the grid is null' error message. I suppose is referring to the third point of the triangle. How can I resolve that?

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service