Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I'm trying to use a set of points which represent nodes within a circulatory system, the larger the node = the larger the influence of it's connections. So I'm using the proximity component and passing a list of points in as well as a list of the relative proximity radii. For some reason though I can't get each to work in an isolated way. Can someone help? I'm sure it has something to do with data sets but grafting hasn't seemed to solve the problem.

See files attached.

Cheers,
David

Files:
Proxiimity.3dm
ProximityByList.ghx

Views: 1092

Replies to This Discussion

I think I know what you're getting at.

The problem you are faced with is by suppling 1 list of points there is no distinction between which point gets the 'weighting' because you either supply individual points with individual weightings which result in no other points to compare to or each weighting is applied to many lists of the same points.

A solution would be to split the list into a focused point and every other point and do this for each point. Then you could compare distances based on their weighting and produce lines from the culled results. Note that some lines will be duplicated as if two points comply on each other's list then a line will be draw for both sets.

1) Based on the length of your point list generate a series for the shift component (wrap values = true).
2) Split the list at the first point.
3) Measure the distance between the first point and every other point
4) Compare to each points size*scale
5) Cull points outside this range
6) Draw lines between focused point and compliant points.

EDIT: there was a mistake with the previous posting. It needed a graft component for the size*scale list. ProximityByList2.ghx
Ah, awesome Danny. I didn't think that it would be possible to pass a series into a list shift box. I take it this is a way to do recursive actions?

Thanks,
Dave
In order to understand recursion, first you must understand recursion!

you can only truly get recursive algorithms inside a C# or VB.NET component in GH. I would say that plugging a series into a component in this way is more like a for loop.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service