Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

I am a beginner. I would appreciate if anyone could help me. I have three layers of triangular grid in different scale. How could I loft three triangles of one row? I do not know how should I sort list in order to have a correct loft ! Screenshots are attached. The script that I have done up to now is attached also. 

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Zara

Views: 908

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi.

Is it what you want?

Attachments:

Yes. Thank you so much. Actually I tried to do it in another way last night. But of course yours is super much better. Thank you again for your kind attention and time.

Regards,

Zara

Dear Hyungsoo,

Sorry that I am asking another question. I have tried  to trace the triangular module from last step to a triangle surface in my next step. I attached the grasshopper file and rhino file. I did script something but it does not work.Because the grid is defined for square plane, I did not know how to define the grid system for triangle surface. I keep going and try to learn it. I would appreciate again if you would help me also about this problem.

Thank you so much.

Zara

Attachments:

This is how I try to organize the triangle grid.

Attachments:

If you have "lunchbox" plug-in installed, you can easily get what you want.

File...

Attachments:

Hi,

Really thank you. Very big help.

Regards,

Zara

Hi Hyungsoo,

Sorry it is again me. Thank your patient and kind attention.I have another problem with the scripting. I have defined an attractor point as my sun position, How ever, to change each module depth and in each module I want the triangle in between changed in size and in X direction by changing the attractor point as the sun. But I do not know how to define the centre of each module.I try to use box, but it does not work. actually I want to have parametric changes in the openings as it goes up in the skin system and a kind of rotation in respect to sun while the depth of module playing the shading role for different side of building by changing the sun position.I attached the grasshopper file. Very very thankful if you have time and would check my file this time too.

Regards,

Zara

Attachments:

Hi.

In my opinion, The sun wont work as well as you think it will.

Your approach is much like point attractor, not the sun responsive attractor.

One thing you should keep that in mind is that the sun is vast and far away from us, so you should consider the sunrays are always parallel to your facade.

You have triangular faceted facade with varied angles, so each faceted surface will get the same parallel rays.

I'm not sure this is what you are after, but you can check if you want. This definition is just a demo of sun responsive facade and in the real world, it would be one of very impractical solutions.

Attachments:

Dear Hyungsoo,

I am very grateful and thankful for all your supports in these days. You are completely right and I know completely what you mean about the real sun study. Actually this is just for analysis a precedent ( Cabo LIanos by FOA in Santa de Tennerife)  and a very basic parametric idea as a kind of test drive and extracting systems and strategies. I'v just starting my thesis research in a field of architectural skin. I am very interested to do my research in a field of parametric design. It is just less than two weeks, I have started learning grasshopper along my research.Thank you again for that much help. Keen learning the scripting you send me and hope for a day could scripting like you.

Thank you.

Regards,

Zara

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service