Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hallo,

Can somebody help me with this issue that im having.
Im trying to sweep/follow a rectangle along a curve, (A) but without succes.

The idea is somthing as on B is showed
(see image)

Thanks in advance,

Views: 18417

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

If a plug-in is an option, StructDrawRhino might make things easier. Free for students.
http://www.geometrygym.com/downloads Else I'm sure someone can help you.

Hi Jon,

I tried to use this Geomgym  plug in and this component for making rectangular pipes,but in my case it is not working,it gives me that i need to add smth on the part which is P(profile).

I made the cyrve,set one geometry and then connected with the component ,but i am missing smth

I should apply this type of pipe on a weaved component not a straight line and the thing is that i also need to regulate its dimensions.

Thank you,i hope it is clear what i wrote,in case i can send picture.

Hi Homer,

The sweep components can be a bit temperamental (depending on what day of the week it is).

If you don't need to follow a curve but have a straight line then you could copy the rectangles instead of the points and loft instead.

Hi Danny,

Thanks, but your option did not give me the same result as it did to you.( see image)
Im a beginner so maybe im doing something wrong...?
Attachments:
You're missing a component: Merge, that has both of its inputs grafted (found in this case on the context menu, or from the graft component).

Hi Danny,
It work, thanks, (I had to insert a Graft component because on my version of GH the option of GRAFT on the MERGE component is not availeble on the context menu)

The only problem is that when the upper rectangle is moved up in the Z direction, the lofted mass do not keep its thikness. as it is been stretch out.

Chis Hanley did advice me to FRAME the curves, and then to LOFT them. This option did keept the thikness on the loft mass.
See image, maybe interesting to you as well.

Saludos,
Homer
Attachments:
I nearly suggested the same thing, but I was looking at you original intentions.
maybe this is another option?

Hello Chris,

Grea it work....Thank you very much, It was exact what i wanted, the rectangle keeps it thikness and all.

Homer
Attachments:
cool! There are usually quite a few different ways to solve a problem. My suggestion was just one. glad it helped!

Hi Chris, 

Is there any way to control the size of the box that is sweeping?

thanks

Chris

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service