Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi guys. I would like to analyze floors 0,1,2,3,4,5,N with Hoopsnake. I can do it with floors 0,1,2,3 but I can't jump to second list of floors (4,5,6,7 and then with third list with floors 8,9,10,11). How I can do it? I would like that analysis start from bottom floor and go to the top floor of each "column"starting from the left. Is there anyone that could help me?? Thanks in advance.

Views: 2090

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone? ;-)

What exactly are you trying to analyze? What kind of output do you expect?

Hi Phillip, Last Item will be connected to Viper Diva (for thermal analysis). I need that definition follows this workflow: analysis starts at column 1 with 0,1,2,3 floors then, when finished, it pass to column 2 with 4,5,6,7 floors then, when finished, it pass to column 3 with 8,9,10,11 floors. As U can see, my definition "analyze" first column, but I need to jump to second when is finished the first analysis (and it start from bottom and go to top). Hope to be clear ;-)

Took a closer look and still couldn´t figure out the purpose of the hoopsnake part. If you just like to call the objects in a certain row, couldn´t it be enough to use just a slider?

I considered your definition few days ago, but I thought that Viper took different periods to analyze each floor. I don't know how many seconds put in "timer battery". 

Then, maybe, with Hoopsnake I can analyze first "column of floor" instead of 3,4,N. Selecting columns is good for me ;-)

Despite the fact  I have no idea about Viper, it looks like you are not feeding back external information into GH and certainly not into HS.  So I´d rather suggest

a) set the timer to a value when you can be sure the analysis is done and go for a coffee meanwhile

or

b) feedback information into GH about the current status of Viper and let this trigger your process

Maybe I can go for "Timer". But can I set a Slider with Min of 0 and Max of 10 and set an analysis from 5 to 7? Or it's impossible with Timer? 

Still not sure what´s the goal if this, but I thought about my proposal again and I believe this would be a more elegant solution to it.

Still no HS required and still coffee is good though.

Attachments:

OK Phillip, sorry but I don't know how it works the "first path" and the "lower fx" :-(

The path defines a file path on your computer, where you set the Viper files(?) to be saved for each iteration. Just create a folder on your desktop and write the location into the panel. The timer attached to this will frequently check the directory for updates.

By this you count the files in the directory and every time there is a new file, GH will send out the next curve. You can simulate this by dragging random files into the folder and watch the i of [ListItem] raise.

The function { If (x=y, "done", "wip")} only checks if all files are processed, so you know when you are done. The whole definition will also run without it.

Nice trick, thanks!
F.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service