Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

i try to export GH in seperate dxf files. I found some scripts and tried to apdapt them but wuithout success.

Maybe anybody knows how to help.

Thans in advance

Views: 1641

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Chapulin,

Is each rectangle suppose to be in a separate .dxf file?
If that is so, then check the attached file below.

Attachments:

I forgot to delete the files.
Attached below is an edited version.

Attachments:

Hey Djordje,

thats really nice.

Thanks again for your help and saving me alot of time! Thats the reason i need to learn script.

regards!

Hi,

i tried to use some set/sort per height to sort my breps per cut(or per level). but without success.

Is there a possibility to export lets say after every cut ?

i am trying  to investigate that.

Maybe some hint?

regards

Hi Chapulin,

But the component does just that: because "geometry" input is already sorted per Z coordinate, the component exports each rectangular cut, starting from the one at the bottom, and then goes to each one up until the top.
So what you would like to have is to name the exported .dxf file according to their rectangular cuts Z coordinates? Did I understand that correctly?
If that is so, check the attached file.

Attachments:

Hey Djordje,

thanks a lot for your help!

I explained my self very bad.

I try maybe today i can do it better:)

In this case i have several Breps that cant joined together.

Firstly i thought about sorting them per level by making sets and fedding the trees into the python component, but i didnt realizes at this moment, that the geometry input is flattened, so it wont work anyway.

Then i tried to find the python method for brep/plane intersection, to get to curves and export them after every cut. But i am not sure if this is even possible. When i understood right, there is nothing in the python library, and its necesery to make a temporary surface.I am not sure if this works with several breps since i didnt got it to run in GH.

Hope i explained it better.

Regards!

Attachments:

Even if its seems strange to reply to its own discussions, i will do it.

Got it managed to get cutting the brep in python and export it.

Still have the problem when there are more than 1 brep in the container.

it is cutting first the one brep than the other.

How do i manage that its cutted the breps at same time?

Anybody an idea?

regards

Attachments:

So if there are four rectangular cuts laying in the same plane (or Z coordinate), they should all be exported to a single .dxf file.
Did I understand that correctly?

Yes,

i think the problem is the intersection mehtode ive choosen just works for 1 pair of breps, so when i am feeding for example 23 breps to intersect with a plane it will cut one after the other.

I think there has to be another intersection methode to be choosen.

thanks for repling Djordje

Ok. This issue can be solved with data trees.

Also to join closed polysurfaces which "touch" each other, you shouldn't be using "Brep Join", but "Solid Union" component.

Check the attached file below.

Attachments:

Thats great Djordje!

thanks alot.

Still so much to learn...

Is it possible to add to this feature the possibility of adding multiples layers? That could be perfect!

Thanks.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service