Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Salut,

I want to ask, how I can create such a freeform. The idea was doing it with metaballs and pulling a diagrid over it? Does it make sense? I want to reach sth like the attached pic.

Problem No.1  How can I get a surface form the metaballs?

Maybe you also have another idea how to handle it?!

Thanks for any helpfull comments!

cheers,

Sebastian

I played arround with the def of Jacek Jaskólski metaballsurfacenormal.

Views: 6685

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

one more pic
Attachments:

well, I managed it somehow designing kind of a fake metaballs with t-splines. But I really don't know how to cover the surface with a diagrid or an equivalent like in the pictures above.

Any idea how to handle it?

I attached a diagrid def.

Attachments:

Me again, ...

ok I rebuild the form as a normal surface and it works!

But when the form is getting more complicated (second pic) it didn't work at all! So I made a mesh out of it and the curves on the surface looks similar to the pics (jpg's) above. Is there a possibility to render this curves? it didn't work with vray toonmat!!

It would be way better doing it the right way! Like in the first pic, this woven structure, diagrid, all over the freeform! or is it impossible cause of the shape?

I am at the end, I have no idea how to handle it! so please,... help^^

Attachments:

Hi, I'm working on similar project.. Creating Diagrid on a surface created by Tspline in rhino.. May I ask how you converted the tspline surface to a normal surface?

Hi.

Do you know how  I can  create fake metaballs like the one on the picture? 

Thanks!

Dear Sebastian, how you make a form for Rhino and Grasshopper with the help of t-spline? it is very interesting and the prospect of development, freedom of the mesh   http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/free-form-and-holes?xg_so...

Hi Sebastian

Could you please tell me how you created the fake metaballs?

Thks.

I used T-splines for the "fake" metaballs. At that time it was the the easiest way for me doing that. If your're a student you can download it for free at the autodesk educational site. But if you're looking for a surface like the one below the "metaballs" picture, the violet one, you'll do it better with Kangaroo, much easier, much more flexibility.

Hope I could help you.

You have been of great help.

I still have a couple of questions though.

This is the geometry I'm working with Could you explain how you created the fake metaballs with T-spline and how you converted the t-spline surface into a single regular surface?

Thank you!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service