Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello !!

I've made a modul inspired of Erwin Hauer's works and i'm trying to morph it on a surface with the twisted box component. First i tried with the normal morph components but it didn't work because it just works with 6 faces boxes and mine are with 8 faces so i made a hexagrid with lunch box and i'm trying to rebuild the data to cut every hexagon in 2 parts to have for each hexagon 2 six faces boxes...

I've always been scared by the path mapper...

I don't understand why it doesn't work, i have data with 1 branch containing 32 elements in one side so i divide the thing by 4 because 32/4=8 cause i want 8 branches and it gives me 9 branches containing different number of elements !! Why !!??

I've linked the 3dm file and the .gh, you can download and use like you wish the modul... if someone need other Erwin Hauer's modul just contact me and i will send them to you (ifyou're too lazy to make them...;)haha).

And if someone has an advise for morphing solids in hexagrids or triangular grids tell me because i don't think i'm following the right path with my actual work...

Views: 9613

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Here's the definition.

Needs some improvements...

I'll try to make polysufaces and to mesh them with weaverbird without using exoskeleton... a little bit too organic for me... ;)

Last def with the half hexa done. Works just for lofted surfaces.

Attachments:

Hi Nenveo,

This looks great... Did you try to print this yet? Just wondering how it would turn out.

You mentioned that you have other Erwin Hauer definitions - and even I would not call myself lazy I was wondering if you could send them to me... mcselasvegas(at)yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Oliver

Hi Oliver

Rhino file contains two type of Erwin Hauer's modul, you can use them to make a box morph.

The gh file contains one of the moduls made from scratch on a diagrid.

Best, 

Nenov

I've printed some lamps but i don't have the photos now.

Attachments:

hi nenov, I download your gh file , but I did't have EXOWireframe Object , could you tell me which PLUG-in contains these object?  

thanks 

Hello huangnan, 

You need to download exoskeleton by David Stasiuk or you can use his new crazy tool: cocoon

old version of marching cubes works for this too.

Check out the example files of exoskeleton, there are completely awesome !!

thank you!

Thank you for sharing... much appreciated. Please post some of your lamps if you have a chance, would really like to see the real thing.  ;o)

Oliver

Is it possible to scale nodes in this code? I mean like a inflating/deflating system? 

Yes, it's possible, you can just deform the base grid with some attractors...

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service