Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hey Guys,
Is there any command on grasshopper to 'close curve', as in rhino.
Thank you 

Views: 4687

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks ryles,
There is a rhino command called "Close Curve" which would close any curves directly.
It d be great if there was a simple tool like that on GH.
Rhino's CloseCrv simply uses a Line to close it. As it isn't a curve why not just get the End Points Component and attach a Line to them.

If you have a multiple segment curve to close pass it through the Join Curves Component first
Further to this, there is n easy way to create a curve to close them off similar to the Rhino Command BlendCrv. Use the BzSpan Component to create a curve based on Starting and Ending Points and Tangents. To get a nice blend I used a third of the distance between the two points as a Magnitude for the Vectors. I try and post an example when I get back from Lunch if you need it.
hey,
its would be great if u can post an example..
thanks a lot
Here you go, slightly different in the newer version than what I remembered.

In the older version you could change the amplitude of the vector and influence the amount of tangency to the continuation.

EDIT:

My mistake I've used the wrong component, the one above is a BiArc. Try this instead for the BzSpan

thanks a lot danny.. hey can u resend me the image without switching the draw icons.. i am not used to it as i am new to grasshopper..
thank u
Here's the file (see below)

I personally would recommend the change to Icons as I found that if anyone used a component that I didn't recognise then I could see it in the toolbar as they are the same images.

The Components Used are:
End Points, Curve CP, Evaluate Curve [Curve>Analysis]
Distance [Vector>Point]
Multiplication [Scalar>Operators]
Reverse, Amplitude [Vector>Vector]
Bezier Span [Curve>Spline]
Attachments:
my link was supposed to point out the Periodic setting in the components that generate lines. toggle periodic to true will close it.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service