Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi guys, I'm new to the grasshopper forums but have been using grasshopper for a little while now.  I have an issue regarding data structure  and trees.

I have a predefined number of colours (50 colours) that I wish to apply to a mesh that approximates a surface. This works well when the surface is divided into evenly distributed panels using 'divide domain' and 'isotrim'. However, when i further split the surface with a 'surface split' component the resulting number of items exceeds the number of colours I have defined. (see image). Despite this increase in list size, the definition still maintains the right amount of branches (ie 50).

My issue is trying to colour the branches so that {0;0;0} 0,1 are both blue rather than {0;0;0} 0 = red and {0;0;0} 1 = Blue.   i.e 1 branch = 1 colour 

I want an effect similar to the first image with bands of single colours rather than applying random colours to all the surfaces while still maintaining the split geometry and data tree structure.

Is such a thing possible to do by manipulating the data trees? There is probably a simple solution but I have not had much experience working with data trees as of yet.

Thanks in advance

Views: 1538

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Try this Joshua,

You where close you just need to change a few of the flatten and grafts on a few of the component.

P.s Thanks for making a nice small code explain what you needed to do makes a big difference in how fast people can give you an answer as they don't have to make the logic from scratch or understand where the problem is in some spaghetti code.

PP.S Code is Updated too match image

Attachments:

Thanks heaps Matt 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service