Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hey Everyone!
Any ideas about creating a voronoi sphere? 2d is fine.

Views: 15861

Replies to This Discussion

There's a Spanish saying: "Mal de muchos consuelo de tontos."

Btw, Manuel's example was 200 points. I would have taken more than a day for 50000 points :P
I can do 50000 points in under 80 seconds (this is all about point distributions right, the paper doesn't deal with voronoi diagrams in any way). And 1000 points in realtime. And this is without any optimization of any kind. If I were to add a space voxelization algorithm to it I could probably do away with 90% of the force vectors in a large particle cloud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmsbzTf79bc

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Is that the method presented in the paper? Did you just read and implemented it in under 1 hour?
Can you implement some sort of similar point distribution for surfaces?
No, it's not the algorithm described in the paper. I don't understand the algorithm in the paper. But the result is the same. Let it run long enough and the distance between all closest pairs will be maximized. This method will work on all curves, surfaces and meshes, but spheres are easy to project onto so it will run faster on spheres than arbitrary surfaces.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
This is 5000 particles solved for a high accuracy. FacetDome takes a lot longer to solve than the point distribution. It's not quite as neat as the image in the paper, I'll need to experiment with more iterations and higher accuracies still to see if I can get closer.

Now I have to go buy a christmas tree but I'll try and add some optimisations later today.

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Isn't Poprad surrounded by forests? You could just go out and chop one.
A lovely Christmas ornament indeed!

Dear David Ruten.

I see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmsbzTf79bc and I like have the grassopper file to do subdivide closed 2D curve.

Is possible you send to me this file because I like to test.

Best regards

LINE

This is a nice bit of work!! Is there a to set a min & max on the distance between each point? Try not to have each vector be too short.

Thanks a ton!

Doug
ok so i am using Taz's definition. but i was wondering how to find the center point of the cells? none of the components of the definition seem to represent this

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service