Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

So I hear you like using your iPad to control Rhino.

Hey guys,

We've successfully linked an iPad User Interface to Rhino!

About 4 months ago, Luis Fraguada helped me use ghowl to connect my iPad to grasshopper, and along with a few other experiments with firefly, it inspired us to take it one step further and build a custom UI to control Rhino and replace the OSC app - since it was created originally for DJ's. 

We're not ready for a public release yet, but since this is the forum where the idea was inspired, I wanted to open up a beta to a few of you guys to try it out and get some feedback on what it's like to control a 3D CAD program from a multi-touch screen. We probably only have room for 10 or 20 people right now, as we have a limit to the number we can add, but if you're interested in trying it out, shoot me a message!

Or post here, and we'll figure something out!

Oleg.

Views: 4636

Replies to This Discussion

Would be interested in this.  Will be getting an IPAD soon

Regards

I'm going to log people that reply, and if we have space, we'll add you to the list. 

Thanks guys!

Please take my name down as well. Would like to have a go with that.

iPad 2

I'd love to try it.

Ipad2

Email: bildsoe.thomas@gmail.com

If you still have available betas I would love to try it!

IPad2

email:wkidziak@gmail.com

Hi, is there a chance to join this project ?I´m very interested in it.

Hey guys, here's a video demo of the plug-in working with Rhino and Sketchup (we built it to be very flexible). Check it out. I'll do a follow up video for modelling in Rhino from the iPad. We're waiting for apple to approve the code for the app store, and then it'll be live. Collaborative control of Rhino, inspired by grasshopper. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JGgW3vPbu8

Cheers. :D

Very cool, I've just convinced my wife to get me one for Christmas!
Pretty cool.  Congrats.
Great job!! Good to see you again! I've convinced my wife to get one for ... Herself!! ;)
Hope you a succes app.

Great job. I´d love to try it out.

Please sign me up.

count me in too ;)

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service