Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

So I hear you like using your iPad to control Rhino.

Hey guys,

We've successfully linked an iPad User Interface to Rhino!

About 4 months ago, Luis Fraguada helped me use ghowl to connect my iPad to grasshopper, and along with a few other experiments with firefly, it inspired us to take it one step further and build a custom UI to control Rhino and replace the OSC app - since it was created originally for DJ's. 

We're not ready for a public release yet, but since this is the forum where the idea was inspired, I wanted to open up a beta to a few of you guys to try it out and get some feedback on what it's like to control a 3D CAD program from a multi-touch screen. We probably only have room for 10 or 20 people right now, as we have a limit to the number we can add, but if you're interested in trying it out, shoot me a message!

Or post here, and we'll figure something out!

Oleg.

Views: 4636

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! I'm REALLY interested in that, since I'm also are building something like that myself!
I'd glad to test it!!

My email is lucaskodama123@gmail.com !

OOOH, me, me, me, I've be waiting for something like this to try out! Sent PM.

Thank you.

Hi Oleg,
Please count me in for these tests, I'd really love to dismiss touchOSC ;)
Anyway thank you for your effort!
Ciao
Giancarlo
I'd love to, but no iPad...have iPhone, iPod Touch, and Nexus S...
aww, dang, he said iPad. gots iPhone.

Is it something like "beautiful code"? unfortunately that project is Mac based and I'm not that good at programming to re-compile it or port it to pc...

Your tool would be a bless!!!

Interested! | iPad2
Well first thing I want to do is start attacking the mouse as an input device. When the product is further along in the beta, we'll see if we can hook into grasshopper directly. We're working off the Rhino C++ SDK currently.

Not sure what beautiful code is, link me?
Sorry, my mistake: beautiful modeler, here's the link: http://www.interactivefabrication.com/projects/beautiful-modeler/

Thanks
Hey - I'd be very interested in playing with this. Have an original iPad...
Sweet, let me confirm we still have spots open in a few days. Sent out a bunch of invites over the weekend...
Congratulations!! I'll love to try it!! Hope still on time
Thanks

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service