Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I have a problem here, I am putting the exact same geometry into a grid based daylight analysis, using the exact same radiance parameters, and sky recipe... and I'm getting wildly different results. See images below.

I need to know why light is behaving in the way that it is. There seems to be a more intense fall off in one senario than the other, but I can't find any paramter that differs between the two models. Can you recommend a way to read the results files in a way to help track down the reason for the difference.

If you'd like the rhino model, you can download it from this link.

Views: 522

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

If I want to create a Honeybee routine that samples a space with using this spherical sensor, how would I go about doing that?

If your interseted, here is my circumstance and how I'm currently gathering results.

Currently i'm modifying the pts vector in the grid analysis to always look up (+Zvector), rather than normal to the test surface in order to get a better result in section (otherwise they'd be shooting out into a wall). It still is only sampling as a hemisphere. The hemisphere makes total sense when evaluating the performance of a work surface, and room performance, but when evaluating an atrium in section, light comes from all angles, especially if the building opens up to side rather than just from above.

In this image you can see the atrium has a bright spot part way down. This is from an opening in the building, and with hemispherical sampling, your not getting a complete picture of light behavior.

Hi Will. Good point. I didn't realize that your vectors are not facing Z+. As you mentioned they should. If you leave the input for vectors empty z+ vectors will be automatically assigned to the points.

Back to your concern do you want to open a new discussion and send a simple example file so I can clearly see your workflow. I can think of several ways of getting what you need but want to make sure that I clearly understand your question.

- Mostapha

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service