Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello All,

I am currently designing a mold to create a slip cover for my design portfolio. I am new to grasshopper and developing an algorithm to achieve what is displayed below. Attached are images of the actual cover, a concept sketch, and a 3d model I started to work on in Rhino. 

I need a way for grasshopper to generate points on the lines drawn based on the proximity of the contiguous line above it. I will then use the same algorithm to determine the radius of a sphere centered on said points. What this will generate (hopefully) is a 3D surface based on 2D contours. The measurement between lines will have to be perpendicular to the point on the line to determine the correct radius.

Any suggestions on how to approach this project would greatly help. Please contact me at amalchemydesign@gmail.com . 

Thank you

Views: 2576

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hey,

maybe this is a point to start from. The inputCrvs can be easier by a cull pattern. (then you can read all at onece).

The Cover is pretty difficult and not so easy to handel. There are many "if" situations in it. the skecth you made would be much easier. :-)

Best Regards

DeDackel

Attachments:

Hey, 

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try this method when the algorithm is all worked out.

I appreciate it.

Best,

Sean

hi dedackel,

do you know how to create parametric curves,  as in the example above.

or something like this:

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/video/parametric-field?xg_source=activity

thanks in advance

rassul

something like this (super quick and loose example)
Attachments:

hehe,

somthing simillar.

The main trick is to define a increasing/decreasing value for the rotation, the influence area is easy to define.

Best Regards

DeDackel

Attachments:
you just blew my mind sir.
hi michael,

why dedackel laughs? (:
even if he laughs, thanks anyway.

and many thanks to dedackel.

something else, i would like to know,
if is it also possible to attach multiple points
with your definition?

tanks

Hex,

how do you like this one?

Best Regards

DeDackel

Attachments:
I dont know why he laughs, I only proposed a start not a solution, I literally did that in 5 seconds at work.

I laughed because my 5 secounds work was quiet the same as yours! :-)

Best Regads

DeDackel

guys,

i think the story is complicated for me.
it is a matter between you.
i consider myself out of there. (:

dedackel, can you affect the curves also in the z direction?

dedackel,

sorry, i forgot: i like it!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service