Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi everyone, 

I am new in gismo and I have some difficulties understanding how to start. For example after finding my location on openstreetmaps and exporting it, how do I connect it to gismo? I have tried the address to location component and it worked. But if my input is a plot with no address how do I extract the information about location latidute longitude from the osm file? Are there any videos or tutorials to show how it's done?

thanx in advance!

Views: 2768

Replies to This Discussion

That's a good point too Alex.

I think making this kind of component would be easy (if users would copy paste the link). Give me some time (I am about to change my place of stay).

great!. good luck with your relocation!

cheers

alex

Thank you! In the mean time, all new suggestions and improvements are welcome!

Hello again! Since you are suggesting new things, it would be helpful a kind of polygon selection and not only a square window. I don't know if it's a browser's issue. Is it too much to ask?

Hi Iro,
By "polygon selection" you mean selecting rectangle areas, instead of square ones?
If this is so, then this is not possible. Gismo's initial aim and principle was simplicity: generating urban forms and terrain based on only central location coordinates(or later added address) and radius input. If one would like to generate a rectangle area, it would require having radius1 and radius2 inputs inputs. Or defining coordinates of the two opposite corners of the desired area. This confronts with Gismo's initial principle.

Hi Djordje, 

By "polygon selection" I mean selecting a freeform polygon area, like a plot. I have in mind a gis option where you can draw a polygon selection that provides you information about the coordinates and the area of the selection. The reason I am asking is that in my case I need to select and generate the terrain of a specific area. Maybe an other way to do that, except from the polygon selection that I understand is hard to be achieved, could be a bitmap of the map's rectangle selection so I could draw a polyline on it and then split the terrain with it. I don't know...too complicated thougth?

Hi Iro,
I am not sure I understood you completely.
But you can generate a terrain/buildings with slightly larger radius_ input, and then use Gismo's "Location To XY" component to get particular corner points of your polygon. Then you can cut the unnecessary parts of the terrain/buildings outside of that polygon, as you've just said. Let me know if this helps in anyway.

Hi Djordje

It's been a while since our last talk. I have a question. Is there a way to import in gismo the bitmap of the map by using the latitude-longitude? They reason I am asking is because I am trying to find a way to draw a polyline according to the map and then split the terrain as I said above. It would be easier if the terrain and the bitmap are in same scale at first place.

Hi Iro,

By bitmap you mean the satellite image of particular terrain?
If that is so, then you can use the Ladybug "Terrain Generator" component to generate the terrain with satelite image.
In order to do that you first need to install the Human plugin.
Once you do that, open the file attached below this reply. The Human component I grouped in pink color is the one which shows the satelitte photo on top of the Ladybug "Terrain Generator" terrain surface.

Please let me know if I understood your question correctly.

Attachments:

I get a message from ladybug that there is a latest version that I should install. Maybe that's the problem. I'll try to fix it and I'll let you know

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service